Coral's Ex Batts

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
CozP
Learner Laner

Re: Coral's Ex Batts

Post by CozP »

KarenE wrote:The weather's awful isn't it? do yourself a favour if you weren't already planning to and put a good watertight roof on.

Not sure about the cardboard - won't that just dissolve and rot? - but maybe stick a few paving slabs or pallets in there for the girls to walk on, plus the wood chippings (don't use bark though, it can harbour spores which aren't good for the chickens). I've got low branches in mine which my girls love to perch on and will keep them out of the wet (my run's not bad though, it's roofed all over)

Good luck!

Hi Karen I will have some pics to put on later, Well at last after the last horrible storm a roof has gone on.. Yes the cardboard was getting soggy but I was changing it regularly before it got so I couldn't pick it up }hairout{ i't's been a nightmare with the winds a few days ago but ... things are looking up now, I have a huge bale of wood chippings which I've been using lots of to soak up the wet a bit until the roof went on, it's made such a difference :-D

Thomassio
Lively Laner

Post by Thomassio »

>gl<Looking forward to pictures! >gl<
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Poor girlies coming from such lovely warm homes to this nasty weather, don't worry I AM joking, what a wonderful adventure and a brilliant chickeny life they will have )t' Wood chippings aren't bark are they? I am looking forward to your pics too. Fingers crossed my first lot of exbats will celebrate a year next month.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

cant wait to see your pics and I know youll ruin them ! :-D

I sit outside in the pouring rain talking to my lot with a huge coat hat and scarf and a pocket full of corn or mealworms. Id rather be out there than in the house any day

good luck with your ladies; im looking forward to the names you choose

>ch< +f+