Miss Piggy's chicks

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Miss Piggy's chicks

Post by sandy »

Gosh that was along way up for a little one! Borage is beautiful I reckon :-D
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Actually Cheesecake was only a couple of feet up, its a bushy tree that hangs to
the ground. He loves climbing though, in the morning before I open their coop
I sometimes see him peeping out of the vent hole under the lid - he must have found
a little ledge to jump on.
"Come on brother Borage, I'll show you how to escape!"
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

now that is a magazine shot winning photo )t' Love it
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I've been enjoying watching the chicks today, they're having such a good time and
Misspiggy looks so happy being a mum.
After a busy day chasing flies there's nothing like snuggling down on a hot brick
You put you left leg out and you shake in all about.......
Cheesecake is quite different to Borage, he's more timid, chubbier,more feathered and
has shorter legs. Its crossed my mind he might not be a boy after all!
Or are those wattles getting too obvious?
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Kitla thank you for posting your babies photos, they are so beautiful, think you will be winning the photo contest hands down )t'

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

What little beauties :-D Love the pics )t'
LYN
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I'm getting more convinced that Cheesecake is actually a girl, Borage has very
thick long legs in comparison and the red bits on his face are getting quite bright,
whereas Cheesecake's wattles are still pink. Please please let cheesecake be a girl!
I really don't think I can keep one, I have to think about making things easier for the
folk who look after them if I'm away, I have too many chooks. But if there's 2 girls and a boy, I will definitely try & home them all together, that would be perfect.
They are 6 weeks old now, so about 3 weeks & I'll hear little crows - then I'll know
for sure!
Caramac has been renamed Mini, because she looks like mini-me next to Misspiggy.
I don't think it will be long before Misspiggy gives up & goes back in the coop, she's
still a great mum but is getting very grumpy and restless at bedtime.
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Well I'm pretty certain now Cheesecake is a girl! Borage hasn't crowed yet but is now
"tooting" rather than "cheeping". They have 3 very different characters, Cheesecake
is a tomboy, an adventurer, loves climbing on things, is quite timid of people except
where food is concerned. Mini is very dainty, pretty and girly and would rather miss out on treats than fight the others for them. Borage, bless his fluffy socks is bold and
greedy, he eats from my hand but wont quite let me pick him up (very frustrating as
I'm longing to give him a cuddle) he wanders off on his own, but still loves his mum!
Miss Piggy is still loving being a mum & shows no signs of leaving them.
The Family
Bathtime for babies
The girls
Just love this little guy
And so does Misspiggy
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Miss Piggy looks so proud! They are all adorable and coming along so well. Can you keep Borage? Such a pity to have to rehome him, and if so will you send him off with his sisters?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I just love seeing these girls grow(and boy), karen is right Miss Piggy looks really proud )t'

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

My sons want me to keep them all, or at least one of the girls, but I really would
like them to stay together. Besides I already have a cockerel who has poor eyesight
& I think a new young boy may end up beating him up!
I will take my time & find them a nice home where they get plenty of free ranging.
--Immanuel Kant
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Aww, what lovely pictures of proud mum and chicks. It will be a wrench when you let them go, won't it? They are so gorgeous, you must feel almost as proud as Miss Piggy.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Time has passed, the babies are 13 weeks old now. Last week MissPiggy finally
left them and started sleeping in the main coop again, though she still hangs round
with them a lot in the day. Borage gets called Dennis now (as in Dennis the menace
for any Beano fans out there) as he's regularly breaking into blind Giblet's pen &
eating her food! He's a greedy boy, he barges the others out the way at treat time
and steals any morsels from the beaks of anyone who's not quick enough. He does
get a hard time from the big girls though, they have a little go at him regularly, making
sure he knows his place! He hasn't crowed yet, seems happy with his croaky "toot"
Mini is funny, she used to cheep as she walked about, now she still does it but its
more of a husky wimper. Cheesecake is shy and quiet and still likes to sit in the tree.
Now they're on their own at night I'm finally able to pick them up and give them a
cuddle at bedtime, they are sooo soft! They don't like it much but are gradually getting used to it & are becoming more relaxed with me in the day too, I want to get them as tame as poss before they're rehomed.
That sad time has come to advertise them, I'm very fussy about their new home,
I want them all to stay together and they have to have some free ranging, as that's
all they've know. I will insist on delivering them myself, however far, so I'm happy
they're going to a good home - especially Dennis.
My first challenge is to get a nice photo of them all together, for one reason or another
I'm finding that very hard, when I go out there Dennis rushes up thinking there's food
about, then the big girls come to see what's going on, then Mini & Cheesecake keep
out of their way!

--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

They are just stunnning )t' I know what you mean about good homes, I was so worried about rehoming my kittens and cried for days when they went. As I said before it must be marvellous watching them change as they grow. Perhaps you could pop a bunch a mealworms down just for the babies to get that photo?

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I keep trying that Sandy, but all the big girls come rushing over so Mini & Cheesecake
run away! They often sit together in the afternoon but its usually under a tree
or bush or behind some object that gets in the way! I'll get there in the end!
....aha! At bedtime they always settle on top of a nestbox and I put them into their
coop one by one (after a quick cuddle! {hug} ) I'll try & get a pic of them there,
watch this space!
--Immanuel Kant