Ambers diary.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Ambers diary.

Post by sandy »

I am so sorry to hear that have just got to the end of the tunnel with horrendous family problems so understand fully you take care xxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Amber, we're looking at arranging something in September, maybe things will be clearer by then. Either way, I'm sorry to hear you're having some upheaval in your private life and {hug} if you need one
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi best wishes ,domestics first.
If I / we can help , I am sure you only need to ask .
Head up, chin out and watchout for the left hook.
Best again
Bob
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Sandy, Karen and Bob.
Thank you for your kind words, it is much appreciated.
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

No need to reply, just thinking about you and sending more {hug} hope things get better soon xxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hoping everything's okay and sending you good wishes Amber {hug}
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Yes same here.
Let us know how you are keeping .
Bob
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Morning all.
Things are ticking along slowly. Thank you for asking.
Marigold seems to be slowing down a lot and is often seen standing still while nodding off.
She is having trouble keeping her bottom clean and will need another bath today, her poo's are very watery. She is still eating and drinking and her tail is up so i will keep a very close eye on her as i think the growth in her is getting bigger.
Molly should be named Houdini as she is constantly getting into places where she is not allowed ie: where i have reseeded the lawn and digging it up again.
Lily is such a sweetheart and comes running over as soon as she sees me and sounds like she is purring like a cat, i am sure she is trying to talk to me. My OH says i have lost the plot yike*
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Amber, good to hear from you…bless Marigold sending her lots of >fi< she seems to still be enjoying life. And lots of {hug} to you.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hope all well with you Amber {hug}

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Sandy.
Thanks for asking. Life is a bit hectic at the moment, but hopefully there is a flicker of light at the end of a very long tunnel.
I have not had the time to spend with the girls as much as i would have liked.
Lily is moulting, she has lost her tail feathers but looks very white now all over, her old feathers are scattered all over my garden!
Marigold is still hanging on but has really slowed up now. She is still eating and drinking but has a constantly dirty rear end. I think her time is getting near as i can't bear to think of her suffering.
As for Molly, well she is just being "Molly".
I am looking for some advice please.
Molly is the only one laying at the moment and that is not every day. I would like to get 3 more girls but the timing is not great what with Marigold not being too well and the problems at home. How late in the year can you still acquire Point-of-Lay girls or will i have to wait until next year. I was thinking about the end of October?
Thanks in advance.
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hi Amber I am not sure about point of lay girls, have a look on breeders directory on the side bit and see what they say. I know certain breeds are only available in spring but I am sure rangers and sussex will be for sale. I know one of the local breeders near me has them. I wouldn't worry too much about Marigold's bottie if she is enjoying life still. Gracies is permantely mucky.

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello all.
Just a quick up date while i have 5 minutes!
All 3 girls are still here. I think Lily and Marigold have stopped moulting now as there is less feathers flying around.
I gave them half of a large marrow this morning. After staring at it suspiciously for a few minutes Lily took the plunge and had a peck closely followed by the other 2. They seem to like the flesh but have discarded the seeds.
I am lucky if i have one egg a day now, this is from Molly, so have been to As*a to buy some. They don't taste as good as Molly's even though they are free range.
I have decided not to get any more girls until the spring as i don't want to upset Marigold at the moment and i don't think i will have enough time to intergrate them properly.
Hope every ones girls and boys are well.
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Good to hear Lily,Marigold and Molly are doing well, and I do think 3 is a nice number. {hug}

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Oh Amber, I just read your news. How terribly sad for you. I know you know it was better for Marigold, but it's still hard even knowing it was the right thing to do. Marigolds time had come, and you gave her a lovely life in the time she had.

{hug} {hug} for you because I reckon you need them right now
Karen