Ambers diary.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Ambers diary.

Post by sandy »

OOh Amber new girls )t' always something special about that, and looking forward to seeing how their characters pan out. Good luck >fi<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello All.
Our new girls arrived yesterday. Roxy is a Bovan Nera. Lola is a Sussex and Rosie is a Redco. They are 18 weeks old and seem to have settled in ok.
I think Lola is top hen already as she often puts the other two in their place. They are all eating and drinking, which is a good sign especially after what happened to Sophie (i am a bit paranoid now).
Pippa hasn't stop shouting since the time we got them, she must have a sore throat by now! luckly the new girls don't seem fazed.
I can see me doing a lot of hen watching over the next few days instead of house work. {rofwl}
Amber.
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

amber66 wrote:Hello All.
Our new girls arrived yesterday. Roxy is a Bovan Nera. Lola is a Sussex and Rosie is a Redco. They are 18 weeks old and seem to have settled in ok.
I think Lola is top hen already as she often puts the other two in their place. They are all eating and drinking, which is a good sign especially after what happened to Sophie (i am a bit paranoid now).
Pippa hasn't stop shouting since the time we got them, she must have a sore throat by now! luckly the new girls don't seem fazed.
I can see me doing a lot of hen watching over the next few days instead of house work. {rofwl}
Amber.

Wonderful. Good luck with your extended flock.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Hi Amber - Glad to hear that you have got your new girls. It's an exciting time, but also a little worrying before they all get used to each other. It just takes a bit of time and patience and then you will wonder what you were worried about when they all settle in together. Mary created for about a week (we were sick of the sound of her voice). Can't believe she didn't lose her voice completely with all the racket she made. Love the names you have chosen for them. Enjoy the chicken watching - so much better than housework!!
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello All.
I took advantage of the good weather yesterday and let the new girls mix with Mollie and Pippa. I let them on to part of the lawn that i have temporary fenced off and sat with them, water pistol at the ready, to keep any wild birds well away and sort out any fights.
Mollie wasn't too fussed by the new girls just gave a quick peck if they got a bit close.
Pippa on the other hand was a right mare.
I think she has took a disliking to Roxy and any chance she gets she will go after her and give her a good peck. The others don't miss out but its really Roxy she picks on.
I let them be together for a couple of hours then separated them again, i will try again today weather permitting and hope things improve, i feel so sorry for Roxy as she is so sweet and gentle.
Amber.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

It really stressed me out when I introduced Rose and Violet to Mary. It's not nice to see, BUT it will be alright in the end. Couple of weeks (probably less) and you will have happy girls and calm will resume. Enjoy your girls.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

You know you will get there Amber >fi<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Any pics yet Amber? Hope the new girls are setling in well and the pecking order is sorted soon. You know how it goes :-D Obviously Pippa has decided that Roxie is bottom of the pecking order, or at least lower than she is :-D

We all hate intros!
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

I couldn't let the girls mix yesterday as working all day and did not want to chance blood shed while i was out.
They have just had an hour together and Pippa is still picking on all 3 {warn} I am off tomorrow morning so they can have a few hours together then. Oh well on wards and upwards.
I hope to take some pics tomorrow.
Amber.
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Morning All.
The new girls seem to be settling in nicely. I am going to try and put them to bed in one coop tonight with Mollie and Pippa.
They have been crouching the last few days when i bend down to them and this morning i found a perfectly formed albeit small egg in their nest box. Clever girls. )like( )c( +f+
Amber.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Glad the new girls are settling in well Amber. It will all be OK in the end and then you will wonder why you worried so much. Have a lovely weekend and enjoy your girls. P.S. Hope the night-time sleeping arrangements go to plan tonight. )like(
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Clever girls! )t' Glad to hear they are all settling in well, it seems to take ages I know, but I suspect it's worse (most of the time) for us than it is for them! Is Pippa still being naughty?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello All.
Yes Karen Pippa is still being naughty but it is slowly getting better.
The other 2 new girls both laid their first eggs today )like(
They are all out in the outside run enjoying the sun.
Mollie escaped yesterday and by the time i realised she had dug up all my new plants and was having a lovely dirt bath amongst them. }hairout{
Amber.
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Sounds like Mollie is going to be a big help with garden clearance... }hairout{
:-D
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Morning all.
At last the girls seem to be all getting on nicely, Roxy and Pippa were eating out of the same bowl yesterday without any fights. The new girls have grown a lot in size since i bought them home and are nearly the size of Pippa and Mollie now.
One of them laid a shell less egg last night just before bed, in the run (my moneys on Mollie) so they all tucked in before bed.
The new girls are very tame and enjoy following me about but really scream and shout first thing in the morning when i do the poo pick.
I am a bit confused (no change there then) is the lock down supposed to end on the 17th or the 30th of April in high risk areas as i have read both dates, i hope it is the earlier of the two!.
I hope all your girls and boys are well.
Amber.