Ambers diary.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: Ambers diary.

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , End of April .
It was the 17th , another outbreak end of Feb . Believe 30days clar of any outbreaks after the Quarantine is over . So moved to 30 th April 17. As long as no more outbreaks happen. So 4 weeks left .
Bob

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Thanks for that Bob.
Oh well they will just have to wait a bit longer. {mr.angry}
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Amber , how is Mollie? If she is acting ok I wouldn't worry about the strange eggs. Honeybun has been laying eggs with holes in and some so fragile they have broken in the coop. Sending her a big >fi<
Sandy
xxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Morning all.
I spent all day in the garden with the girls yesterday.
I have started digging over the second area that is to be re lawned, it is smaller than the last area and measures 14' x 9'. The girls were "helping" so i only managed to get half done. Mollie was by the fork the whole time and woe betide anyone who got too close to her she would give them a peck and chase them off, especially Roxy.
I turned a piece of dirt over with a worm in it, Roxy went to peck at it and Mollie started to chase her. In the mean time Lola had gobbled it up by the time Mollie returned. This happened a few times and i still don't think Mollie has cottoned on yet that she misses out on the treat, bless her.
Mollie has slowed down laying now and only manages about 2 a week, I don't mind she deserves a rest.
Dare i say they all seem well at the moment and enjoying life eating and sun bathing in the sun.
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Lovely to read all in the house of Amber are doing well )like(
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Morning all.
The girls are being wormed this week, last day tomorrow, so have been shut in the run all week. They are not happy and Lola "tells" me every time i go into the garden.
In a way it is good they are off the new lawn at the moment giving it time to settle.
I had a green lawn for about a week and then the dogs were allowed onto it. It now has dead patches where they have been. I pour loads of water onto it straight away but it has not helped. (Any one with any tips to help combat this greatly received).
They all seem well at the moment, Mollie is still in a bad mood and takes it out on poor Rosie, bless her, who makes a hasty retreat when needed.
Roxy sounded a bit chesty and sneezed a couple of times the other day so i am keeping a close eye on her.
It is good to see you posting again Sandy, sending you my good wishes {hug}
Sorry to hear you have a broody Stripeddonkey, so far i have been lucky to escape that. I have had a couple that thought about it but didn't follow through.
Daisy and Poppy look lovely girls Kitla, Poppy sounds like my Mollie with bad attitude, i hope they sort themselves out soon, especially for poor Bills sake.
Glad things are ticking along ok for you Bob, i hope you enjoy your break over the weekend. It sounds like you need it.
Good to read you had a good holiday Cheshirechick it perks us all up after a good break away.
Hope you all have a good weekend.
Amber.
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

amber66 wrote:Morning all.
The girls are being wormed this week, last day tomorrow, so have been shut in the run all week. They are not happy and Lola "tells" me every time i go into the garden.
In a way it is good they are off the new lawn at the moment giving it time to settle.
I had a green lawn for about a week and then the dogs were allowed onto it. It now has dead patches where they have been. I pour loads of water onto it straight away but it has not helped. (Any one with any tips to help combat this greatly received).
They all seem well at the moment, Mollie is still in a bad mood and takes it out on poor Rosie, bless her, who makes a hasty retreat when needed.
Roxy sounded a bit chesty and sneezed a couple of times the other day so i am keeping a close eye on her.
It is good to see you posting again Sandy, sending you my good wishes {hug}
Sorry to hear you have a broody Stripeddonkey, so far i have been lucky to escape that. I have had a couple that thought about it but didn't follow through.
Daisy and Poppy look lovely girls Kitla, Poppy sounds like my Mollie with bad attitude, i hope they sort themselves out soon, especially for poor Bills sake.
Glad things are ticking along ok for you Bob, i hope you enjoy your break over the weekend. It sounds like you need it.
Good to read you had a good holiday Cheshirechick it perks us all up after a good break away.
Hope you all have a good weekend.
Amber.

You can get something called I think - Dog Rocks. You put them in your dogs water bowl and apparently their wee doesn't kill the lawn. Don't have a dog so never tried it personally but may be worth a shot.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Hi Amber, glad to hear you and your girls are doing well. You have just reminded me about the worming (thank you). Rose and Violet are due now so I must order some Flubenvet pellets. I find that they do not eat these pellets as enthusiastically as normal pellets and I find it very hard not to give them any treats (I always give in to them). Hope you have a lovely weekend and the weather is going to stay nice where you are so you can enjoy your girls and some garden time.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Amber, so good to read your girlies are all well )t'

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Morning all.
I took my Lab to the vet yesterday, all ready for the op to remove the growth i could feel on her lymph gland. The vet decided to leave her for a week and put her on some antibiotics instead as the lump had shrunk from the size of a walnut to the size of a grape.
I don't know who was more pleased her, so she could now have her breakfast, or me.
The girls all seem in good health and have taken to sleeping on top of the coop instead of inside, all apart from Lola who sleeps in the nest box.
They all seem happy with the arrangement so i will leave them to it.
Roxy still can't decide whether she is broody or not, she sits on any eggs that have been laid until i collect them then she gives up and comes out, funny girl bless her.
Thank you for my text Sandy.
Amber.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Glad to hear that your girls are doing well Amber. Hope that the antibiotics do the trick for your Lab and she doesn't have to go through with the Op - Fingers crossed - I know how worrying it is when the animals are not well. Have a lovely weekend.
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Roxy has decided to go full on broody, which i suppose is not a good idea in this weather. I have never had a broody before so this will be a learning curve.
I have shut her out of the coop at the moment so she can eat and drink before bed time, she is not too happy. She has pulled a fair few feathers out from around her chest and feels warm there.
She has been on and off for a few weeks but has decided now is the time and is sitting in the nest even if there are no eggs in there. I keep getting her out during the day and tomorrow once they have all laid i will shut the coop of again.
If there is any thing i should / should not do any advice greatly received.
)ot: The antibiotics did not work with our Lab so she is booked in for the op on Monday morning.
Why does it always all come at once.
Hope you are all enjoying this weather and your girls and boys are well.
Amber.
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

)ot: Hope all goes well with your lab's op.
"Not all those who wander are lost"
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , do not over concern yourself with the broody . She is only doing what nature is dictating . As long as she has food and water .Taking her off may encourage her , but most of mine stay until they decide long enough .
Best wishes for the op.
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I agree, if you manage to stop her now she'll most likely just do it again in a few weeks. If you decide to let her be, just make sure she comes off morning and evening (& more if poss) so she eats & drinks..and does huge smelly broody poops sile} and importantly double check there are no redmite in her nest as this is dangerous for a broody hen. Are you certain this isnt why they are sleeping outside? it is the time of the year for them!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant