Ambers diary.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: Ambers diary.

Post by KarenE »

Amber I'm so sorry to hear Daisy isn't well again. Fingers crossed that the outcome is positive on Monday but if the prognosis isn't good, I know you will make the best decision for Daisy and you - whatever that may be. {hug}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper

HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Poor Daisy, I am so sorry she has gone downhill again. And poor you because I know how worrying and heartbreaking it is. You are taking good care of her, she is very lucky to have such a kind chicken-mum. {hug}
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Thank you for your kind thoughts. She has had a few grapes this morning but i have not seen her eat anything else. I am hoping for the best but preparing myself for bad news.
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Amber when you can please tell us how Daisy got on, still sending her >fi< hoping she can have medicine to get her well xxxxxxxxxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Sandy.
Daisy is still the same, the vet is unsure what is wrong with her so said to keep on with the Frusol solution and has given me some Baytril to give her twice a day just in case of an infection anywhere.
She had a good feel around inside but could not feel anything untoward apart from feeling "squiggy" where the fluid was.
The vet did notice her reactions were not as quick as she would like but didn't think it was Mareks (not sure of the spelling).
So really nun the wiser and i will see if she picks up over the next few days or i may have to make a decision as i don't want her suffering.
Amber.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Here's hoping Daisy perks up a bit, hope the baytril helps. We could do with some good news! >fi<
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Fingers crossed for her here too >fi<
{hug}
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Amber how is Daisy?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Morning all.
Daisy has rallied round again for the time being, i am having to keep a close eye on her rear end and she is having quite a few baths, which i think she quite likes, to keep her clean. She is still on her meds and i think will be for the rest of her life to keep the fluid down. She is slowing down and sleeps more than the others, but her tail is up and she is a good colour, so i think that may be down to her age.
The rest of the girls seen ok at the moment (have i tempted fate by saying that!) and have been FR a lot over the last few days.
One of them has been laying soft eggs again so i have upped the limestone flour. I think Ruby laid her egg in the run as she couldn't wait in the queue for the nest box, i have 3 boxes but they all use the same one. The egg must have cracked as it had been eaten in a matter of minutes.
Lily is still bossing everyone about and Marigold following on behind to give her tuppence worth and Molly is well, just being Molly.
I hope all your girls and boys are well.
Amber.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Good to hear Lily and the gang are all doing well. Funny you should say that about Ruby laying in the run - Remy has been doing that this week as well.

Also good to hear Daisy is doing well at the moment, long may it last )t'
Karen
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Afternoon all,
I have posted on the Rainbow bridge log that Daisy lost her fight yesterday and was PTS in my arms .
She had not been eating or drinking much in the last couple of days and was really unsteady on her feet with her tail down and hunched up. when we were at the vets she seemed to lose the use of her legs and was resting her head on the table, I knew then she had had enough and the kindest thing was to let her go.
The rest of the girls are enjoying the sun and are hell bent on trying to dig up the parts of the lawn I have reseeded, even though they are covered in plastic.
The egg tally has picked up in the last few days but the shells are really still very thin even though I have been giving them Limestone flour and poultry tonic in their water.
Molly laid a really small egg last week, the size of a marble, but perfectly formed.
They are acting really brave lately and keep coming in from the garden into the lounge, my OH was not best pleased to walk in there earlier and find four chickens having a wander about!
I hope every bodies boys and girls are well.
Amber.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hi Amber

I'm so sorry to hear about Daisy It sounds like you did the right thing, and it can't have been easy for her struggling on in this heat either. {hug}

It's good to hear the rest of the flock are okay though. How's Lily these days?

Be careful about the girls getting into the house - they will soon want to evict you and move in themselves. I'm amazed my lot haven't served us an eviction notice with the amount of effort they devote to getting in and raiding Jasper's bowl
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Amber you did the best for Daisy in her little life and her end, dosent matter does it? Tears for the lovely little newbie darling who had a short but great life {hug&kiss}

HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

{hug} so sorry Amber. She was lucky to spend time in your care {hug}
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Thank you all for your kind words re Daisy.
I knew it was the right decision as she was starting to suffer and i didn't want that.
With regards to Lily Karen, she is laying quite a few shell less or soft shelled eggs lately and so is Marigold even though they have Oyster shell and baked egg shells to hand at all times along with Poultry tonic in their water and Limestone flour spread on their treats.
I am not sure if it is their age, they were Point-of-Lay when we got them in September 2013.
Apart from that they all seem well at the moment.
Amber.