The Henpals Rainbow Bridge Log

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Rainbow Bridge Log

Post by kitla »

Dear Pointy. Wife of Smidge, sister of fellow exbat Hobnob. This is how I'll always
remember her - full of curiosity, always exploring whenever I heard a rustle out she would pop
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Very sad condolences from the House of Special Poetry and Reading on the loss of lovely Pointy, who was a very special girl indeed. Tigger especially sends her condolences as she too is an ex working girl like Pointy was.

{hug} from SPR Corp Casper, Captain Remie and Cadet Tiggly
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi more sad news on the chicken front. Thoughts are with you , too many loses this year .
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Smidge another boy has crossed The Rainbow Bridge to help you with the beautiful ladies that have followed him. Condolences to The House of Bob on the loss of TT and Ginger {hug&kiss} and to The House of Giblet on the sad loss of Pointy {hug&kiss}
Sandy's Pink Ladies
The Ped Girls
xxxxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

HI. Sadly Bloomers passed over the bridge Friday 4.50 pm in my arms . Looking over the garden she wandered .
At peace at last after a long illness.
Missing her already.
Bob
Katiee
Lively Laner

Post by Katiee »

hi Bob, sorry that you lost Bloomers. She was well blessed to be with you. Very few chucks die in the arms of their carers. {hug}
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Bob.
I am so sorry Bloomers didn't pull through, i know how much your girls mean to you.
Sending you a hug {hug}
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Big hug and kisses to The House of Bob on the loss of dear Bloomers {hug}
The Ped Girls
Sandy's Pink Ladies
xxxxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all, It has taken me ages to get over Bloomers death. I did a write up on Fri/Sat am but lost it..
I had decided that if she was not improving by Sat morning I would have to do a mercy killing. Not what I like to do but when neccessary (Road accidents etc. ).
She died quick in the end and thats the best of it.
I also had another death on Sat morning .
A fledgling sparrow. Cat caught it and I put it in a cage outside the window hoping its mother would feed it.
Now I thought as it was well I would see if it could fly (making a good atempt..I held it in my hand . It flapped and took off to land a couple of feet away . In rushed a chicken and grabed it . My mistake to do it in the garden.
I grabed the chicken retrieved the bird. Put back in cage .I then decided to put a bit of wood in it for it to perch on. The sparrow climbed the wood and escaped through the wider top bars . Gone as did not see it go. Back in kitchen cat flap opens in comes Indie bird in mouth. I grabed the cat and retieved it again back in cage no wood . Night came and I put the cage in the dog cage . In the morning I arranged to take to wild life rescue but it died before I got it there.
Sat Cambridge Sunday Buithe Welles ,Wales racing all day trip 230 miles each way 1.5 hour race. ( 2hours in my case.)
9 eggs on Sat 10 Sunday .Flock went to bed on there own all present and correct.Got home 10.15pm after leaving at 7.00am . Warn out. Dogs for a walk . Let the girls and boys out this morning 5.00 am . grass cuttings in the garden for food and pellets/corn in run. Booked a ballon festival at Tiverton Got told off by Karen (she who must be obeyed as she wanted to go to Bristol one in August. Ended up booking a bed breakfast for the bristol one as well. Turning hippy as Tiverton is a music festival as well...This is the weekend as I go to Seville which will add to the fun.
Hioe all are well and write agian soon.
Bob and now 26 in flock. with three to come in June.
Bad year continues .
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

The House of Special Reading and Poetry is so sorry to hear of the loss of Bloomers, and the loss of the little sparrow too {hug}

Tough year for the House of Bob (the big chicken daddy) but a happy year too as every day out of Chicken Captivity is a good one (as well as being one of our Rights under the Chicken Manifesto) so please don't feel too bad Bob.

SPR Corp Casper, Capt Remie (topenanall) and Cadet Tigger
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all another casualty in my flock.Two tone red/blue right leg ,recently named pecker /peckish (by the street girls) died in her sleep sometime 28th evening 29tham . Found at rest at 5.50am 29th.05.15. She faught hard and lost .
Like all the girls before fly high and be free. She had 3/4 months of peace in my care. not much but hopefully she enjoyed it as much as I.
You will have to wait along time for more of your friends to join you.
Bob ,missing his ghoust flock every time one goes over the bridge.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

We are so sorry to hear Pecker has gone to be with the Rainbow Bridge henpals, in the Bob Squadron where she will join forces again with Bloomers, Lily, TT and the rest of the Rainbow House of Bob

Condolences to Bob the big chicken daddy, and the rest of the House of Bob from us all in the House of Special Poetry and Reading {hug}

Casper, Remie and Tigger
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So sorry for your loss Red, to you and The House of Bob {hug}
The Pink Ladies & The Peds

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I am afraid to inform you of the sad loss of Captain Gwen of hens (002) at 11.45 today. Gwen was stoic to the end, being true to Capt Gabby's outlook on life and illness. She will be sadly missed by all us girls, especially myself who has lived,fought,played and sunbathed with her since for the past couple of years.
Top Hen Iris of The Pink Ladies
Fly high Gwen Xenia
23.3.2013 - 1.6.2015

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Sandy.
I am so sorry to hear the loss of a much loved (by all ) girl Gwen of hens.
I will miss the tales of her antics. Sweet dreams little one. {hug}
Amber.