The Henpals Rainbow Bridge Log

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Rainbow Bridge Log

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

I am unfortunate to announce the departure of two ring blue left leg , a pretty girl from FSFH obtained by myself August time 2014 , flew to the RAINBOW bridge and kept going .She was friend of Penelope and Lilly ,same farm consignment.She was found full feathered and sleeping in a nest on the evening of (6.00PM )05.01.15 , still warm but no life left .All attempts of resuss. failed including blowing down beak.
She was often found on the back of the bench asking for bread and though she did not get named other than `blue` she will be missed. Layer of many eggs and from the cockerel a dood1e Hall coop . Sorry I did not see it coming to act quicker . Gone but will not be forgoten and the rings with her other friends gone before .
Good bye .
Bob

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Bob, we have rather rudely not sent our condolences on the loss of another lovely henpal Blue.
I'm sure Blue will have been welcomed into the Henpal Coop in the Sky

Captain Remie and the House of Rems
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Karen , Sad loss but lost one gain four more. Floppy combs as well. Hopefully no more for a long time from anybody.
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Sad news for my flock my loved lilly is now flying high .Departed on the 26.02.15 6.30 am in my arms and she stared into my eyes and closed them and head dropped. She was a resuce girl and close friend to the 2 ring left hand gang. Gone but left a large claw print on my heart. Never easy but she used up more lives than she had .Was in my kitchen for seems forever and I miss her dearly.give the best to ones gone before .

Good friend and soul mate Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Bob

Very sad news to hear, but we know Lily will be welcomed to the Big Henpal Flok in the sky. please say hello to our much loved and missed friends when you get there Lily.

Condolences from Remie, Casper and Tigger
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Fly high Lily darling, so many virtual flock to play with over the bridge {hug}
The PInk Ladies
The Ped Girls
xxxxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hello henpals and henpal mummies and daddies, Captain Remie here )wav(

It is a year ago this month that our inspirational Captain Gabby left us to take the long and brave journey over the rainbow bridge.

A fearless and inspirational founder member of the henpals, Gabby has left the henpals with a truly lasting legacy and of course we now celebrate her through the Captain Gabby Award for whatever it is we're awarding, not to mention her Important Etikette Notes for Henpals (wot include waving and having a inspirational signature at the end of henpal posts).

Let us remember her with much love and missing

Also a year ago we mark the passing of Private Toffee, bravery personified and also let's face it, MASSIVENESS personified too. She slipped away quietly while doing what she loved best - filling the bedroom with poo.

Remembering Private Toffee with much love too

Our mummy wants both Gabby and Toffee to know that she misses you lots and loves you lots.

Captain Remie, SRP Corp Casper and Private Tigger
Karen
perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww what a lovely post, {hug}

{cry} {cry}
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw Capt Gaby, I cannot believe so much time has past since we lost you, my very own special friend {hug}
Private Toffee…..No one could(literally) replace you…
Hope you are both enjoying ever lasting fun and freedom {hug&kiss}
LOve Capt Gwen (of hens)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Special ladies, so missed by the remaining House of Fruits girls xx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

My nemesis Special Cadet Beth went over the rainbow bridge at 8.15 am 20th March
When she came to live with us
That cheeky, wasn't me honest look
Oh Bethie my life is going to be so empty without you
Capt Gwen of Hens
xxxxx

perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww what a beautiful girl, so many are going to Rainbow Bridge at the moment {cry} they just don't stay long enough do they {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss}
Fly high beautiful girl {hug}
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , Trouble joined the lost flock on the 19.03.15 doing what she always done getting into trouble. She was a adventure and how she survived her many adventures will never know She died due to looking into a empty dog food bowl. Harley defend it and she got her head between her teeth. It was not a deliberate attack just a natural reaction . She is going to be very much missed as per her name.
She was one of the fourth group of hens and lived a active troublesome life. Hope the girls on the other side can keep her under control as they will have their wings full with her .

This is my 4th loss this year and wondering now what I have to do to keep the flock safe.

By Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Condolences from the House of Rems on the very sad loss of our Special Cadet Beth (that there Beth, Special Nemesis to the Stars) who will be much missed.

Also very sad condolences on the loss of Trouble, who it seems lived up to her name a bit more than advisable. We would ask Trouble's daddy to please make sure there are no more kitchen raids, if Harley is going to defend her food bowl so vigorously.

Remie, Casper and Tigger
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Four years ago today I lost my first baby girl Alice Ethel, a profound lap sitter. She went through an operation on her oviduct and lived a year after it. My beautiful girl came to love with me on Sept 21st 2008 and broke my heart March 25th 2011.