Post by amber66 »

So sorry to read this HilierWard.
Sending you a hug. {hug}
Amber.
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Re: The Henpals Rainbow Bridge Log

Post by HenPen »

Oh no - thinking of you both, Bob and HW on your losses. {hug} Always so sad when they go over the bridge but it is some comfort to know our feathery friends who wind up in DTL homes are the lucky ones - they are loved and cared for like no other chickens.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Henpal commiserations on the loss of Marge and Pew, who will be much missed by their flocks and by their people too. Although we feel their loss, they will rejoin their lost friends over the Bridge, and so we must remember that our end is their new beginning and happy reunion.

{hug} to all and Hilly and Bob

Dory Grey, Chestnut and Tiddly
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Terrible news . Nuisance , the wandering girl , wandered off. She was seen out side my house and unfortunately not allowed in garden and was taken by the night fox.
I feel terrible as I believed I had locked her away with the flock.
She lived up to her name and lived a happy life . The pros and cons of free ranging again is top on my mind and this should not of happened as it seems many chances of getting her safe was missed .
Tragic case of my not doing the basics . Night shifts and many other reasons are not being used for my total failure . I will miss this girl as her name suggests . Nuisance fly high and join the flock over the bridge .
sat /Sun - 03/4 June 2017.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

It's the quality that counts Bob not the quantity. Nuisance's fate was almost inevitable if she liked to wander off, but how miserable she would have been confined to a cage. Farewell Nuisance.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

So sorry Bob for your loss. I truly believe it is quality of life that matters and you give your girls buckets full of quality. So sorry for your loss to hilly, it never gets any easier xx
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Lav -my Lavender cockerel Bantam chicken was taken to the vet today at 11.40am . At 12.00 pm he was put to sleep ,leg and wing injection.
He was suffering and not getting any better . throat was stopping him eating ,breathing was heavy and frothy beak. We had a chat and no operation or medication was going to help .
With a heavy heart and a (not to proud to say ) tear in my eye I signed the paper`s .
He will be put in the ground tonight next old friend Penelope .
When trouble head your way you cannot avoid it. He was ill before the 11.05.2017 .
He had a good life and his mates will continue in the garden reminding me of him for long time to come.
I tried but was not able to save him.
It is now just getting at me writing this and speaking to SHMBO .
Not had a chicken up set me like this since Penelope /Marian died.
Hope this is the last I write on this thread for a long time to come.
Fly over the bridge and crow your heart out.
Bob
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Oh Bob i am so sorry to hear that you have lost your much loved Nuisance and Lavender. Fly high little ones. {hug}
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

To Cuddles and your lovely family, we are so sorry to read of the sad loss of Nuisance and Lav {hug&kiss} may they fly high, free and without pain.
Lots of Love to you all and your daddy (who I loved picking me up)
Honey & the Pink Ladies
The Ped girls
xxxxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

We are devastated to learn of the passing of one of our favourite Henpal Hunks, the gorgeously rebellious Lav. {hug} To Lav's girls who will be missing him like crazy, as will Lav's daddy.

Also our condolences on the sad passing of Nuisance, who died doing what she loved best - being an independant adventuring free spirit. She died with her boots on. )b(

Dory Grey, Chestnut and Tiddly
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all, very sad news .PARKER driver for my wonderful Penelope ,my favourites and one of the older founder members of my flock was found dead in the garden . He was not marked in anyway and did not seem troubled when let out this morning .
Presume old age /heart attack , heat or some unknown cause. Shocked to find him when put the flock away before work.
He will be missed by neighbours in the morning and will be singing with Lav , Billy in the morning . Bye and fly high over the bridge.
Bob ( in shock and not sunk in.)
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

oh no! so sorry Bob. farewell Parker
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant