The Henpals Rainbow Bridge Log

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Rainbow Bridge Log

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi all , thank you for messages , lost my phone yesterday , which caused quite a panic for many reasons.
Found it this am at work , hence Sandy did not get call/ message.
Woburn pm today ,so fed flock this morning and giving them more before I go.
11 eggs yesterday , order for 18 at work and another 18 from head office .
Plus some for weekend away.
Bob

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Today I lost two hens.
One was found in the main run in the sawdust bath area . No apparent reason . Swollen belly which may heave been the route cause . Single Red ring right leg , returned from the friend at work originally from Fresh Start for hens . 3.5 to 4 years old she had a good second life and was always active in the garden and after treats.
The other was Madame Woo . I thought she would not make it through her illness.
She was ok (alive ) when I came home from work, but after I got up from sleep at 9.30 am I found her dead in the dog cage.
A beautiful hen and she lived a good life again the magic 4 years old mark.
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Very sad news to hear of the double loss in the Flock of a Penny and Red. Particularly sad to hear of the passing of a fellow Woo. The Sisters of Woo will chirp laments for her, and we will ask Guru Wiggy to get in touch with her cosmic side and Woo her over the rainbow bridge

We will of course add prayers for our little unnamed Henpal too. Both Henpal sister and Madam Woo will be welcomed back to their new flock by Penelope herself {hug}

Dory Grey, Tiddly and Pokey
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

I think she had a name from the chap at work , it was the Penny 2 friend I had written about and which now has decided to be a flock member .
Bob
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

Tuesday 10th April - lovely Bella Barnevelder crossed rainbow bridge. Her heart gave out as she came round from a crop operation. Not yet one year old. She was a big, noisy, nosey girl. The garden is so quiet without her.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Henpal condolences to the flock of the Stripey Donkey on the loss of Beautiful Bella Barnevelder. Whilst of course it is terribly sad that she died on the hoperating table, her mummy and flock mates can take some comfort in the knowledge that she was given excellent care and a chance of recovery, which is all we henpals ever want, as well as limitless treats.

Bella can now snack on the Never Ending Nom Noms at Rainbow Bridge {hug}

Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

KarenE wrote:Henpal condolences to the flock of the Stripey Donkey on the loss of Beautiful Bella Barnevelder. Whilst of course it is terribly sad that she died on the hoperating table, her mummy and flock mates can take some comfort in the knowledge that she was given excellent care and a chance of recovery, which is all we henpals ever want, as well as limitless treats.

Bella can now snack on the Never Ending Nom Noms at Rainbow Bridge {hug}

Thanks x
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all ,to add to the heart ache I have been through this last week I lost another girl of fame .
MORNING , my pretty girl that had a broken claw /foot died in the garden against the Cluckingham Palace door . She looked like she had been enjoying the sun rays.
Again the 4 year plus curse that al chickens hate to look forward to . She was a Simon girl , a ped and real hen .
Fly high and say hi to those gone before .
Bob . (When will this stop)
Flock of Penelope and Red.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Oh dear, more henpal condolences called for, and we are very sad to be giving them to the flockmates of Morning, who passed away bathed in the light of the beautiful sun. We're sure that light guided her way across the rainbow bridge and lit up all the faces of long passed friends who were there to welcome her {hug}

Condolences to Morning's dad who is having a tough time lately {hug}

We're ignoring the whole '4 years curse' business - what do these humans know about henpals eh?
Karen
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , Chocolate my oldest hen died during the night of 20/21-04-2018 . After a long illness which she was never going to recover from. had a restful day yesterday in the sun with dogs and cats and me for company .
Say hi to your old friends Penelope /Red and Parker - Lav and hen friends that flew before you.
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , Rocky died this morning between 6.00am when I saw and gave her some meds and 10.00am when I returned to check the flock.
She was famous for rolling her head in circles as her crop was huge and it helped her digested it .
Old age has claimed another hybrid of 4years and a bit.
Quick end to a long lasting girl.
My flock has lost the old characters and the new girls with all the feathers in place have a lot to stand up to .
Fly high Rocky and catch up with the ones just gone .
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all well Rocky has gone to her own funeral .
Found her this morning rolling her head in the run as large (or should I say huge ) as life. Do not know which girl pssed away but will have to change my records now . Good news for Rocky not so good for the other girl for sure.
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

We lost our perky and bubbly girl Lavender Lil on June 5th, my evening chair companion. Hoping you have a nice big chair to sit on now girl with the lost Peds xxx
Jen Hen Ped
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Jen Hen Ped again with the very sad news lost our little Louise tonight x
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I am sorry to announce the sad loss of Fay Wray Woo of the Pink Ladies..
Lots of love to her sisters especially her bestest friend Audrey
Rita Woo Ped
{cry}