My attempt to keep chickens.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: My attempt to keep chickens.

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Mrs Woo is on METRONIDAZOLE (FLAGYL ) this is the best cure possible for what she has .
I may now as a final effort increase the dosage as it can not KILL her .....
I may PTS her this weekend if no further sign of improvements . She maybe beyond healing .
Last effort on my part as can do no more for her .
Bob

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Today , I PUT CAPT. CHAOS TO SLEEP . Blood poisoning . Never recovered. Gone but another memory left behind .
Very upsetting and will write more at a later time .
Mrs Woo will be PTS soon as well as she will not recover from her illness either.
Sad times at the house of Penelope and Red.
Bob
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

So sorry to read this post Bob. Thinking of you. {hug}
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Bob I am so sorry you have lost your handsome boy, we are all having such sad losses recently we will be in need of a big group hug on Aug 18th {hug&kiss}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Bob I'm so sorry to hear about Captain Chaos {hug} What a bad time it is lately. My thoughts are with you, especially as you near the time for making a decision about Mrs Woo. How is she doing?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

{hug} {cry}
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Sorry to read this sad post Bob. These critters can't half break our hearts. What wonderful lives you have given (and are giving) to your girls and boys. They couldn't have asked for anyone better to take such good care of them.
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Oh Bob - what a terribly sad thing to happen. I am so sorry for you for the loss of the fabulous Captain Chaos.

Having not logged in for quite a while, I am reeling from reading of all the losses recently.

Take care
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , I am feeling pretty bad at the moment .
Mrs Woo is pretty poor state . Having sad that , today to see her sun bathing next to the dogs and chilling out makes killing her even rougher.

Today she had . Sweet corn. Beans . Peas . sardines and tom sauce. Dog food . Cat food . Water by the litre. Put vasoline on the open wound to keep fly`s away , which she tries to eat . In a final bid have upped her meds by a bit. Cannot kill her....
Put the canvas down tonight to keep the sun away from the run . Light does filter through.
2 boys now for 30 odd hens . May try mixing one of the new boys slowly .
I have so many happy hens that come to me for attention . Goldie chats away on my hand . Litalen FLYS to the flat coop roof for her mealworms . Same hen will attack when on the nest . New hens from BHWT are so friendly that get confused to which hen is next to be spoiled , sure I fed one at least twice . Rocky comes for a massage , though lately her crop though full and baggy as normal is soft and not a problem. Desmond is just aloft of it all. Champ is calling for hens with a food treat which he gets off of me in between taking on the new boys three times his size .
Club needs claws cut , need help as a two person job. Spec is still broody and not giving it up (only one now ) . Pom Pom not broody but chills out on the nest and eggs .
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

so sorry about your news Bob. You must go with your gut feeling re Mrs Woo, you'll make the right decision.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi off till , Monday night shift .
Have a good weekend all.
DONT GET BURNT.
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , I lost Mrs Woo today.
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , it was alright though she had wondered up to the long grass and was looking for bugs and a sun trap.
She wonders back to the kitchen when she has had enough and back into her cage , after a look at the dog bowls .
She is breaking my heart as so many times I have thought it is time to ring the vets for the last trip.
She is terminal , but I think another day of sunshine that she is enjoying will not harm her .
extra Metacam and meds so if she is in pain which I do not think she is it will be deadened. sad story and not want any chickens or birds to get this . Evil illness.
Add to the sick list a fledgling sparrow , eventually caught before the cat got it again , trip to the animal sanctuary probably tomorrow.
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Bob, no words just lots of {hug} {hug} {hug}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Sorry to hear of the loss of Mrs Woo - sad time at the moment. You took such good care of her and she must have been very happy with you.