Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Post by sandy »

Would that secret place be Bristol by any chance {rofwl}
So glad you have suceeded though )x(
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Belated happy new year from Chickenopolous. I've been a bit preoccupied with family matters lately. All's still well with Bill & the girls. Bill is still crowing, though he does get a little wheezy when he runs up & down the garden very fast (he thinks its spring, silly Bill) Beany's hernia definately shrunk when she lost weight from being broody so long, & even though she's filling out again it doesn't seem to be coming back >fi<. All chooks are looking like big fluffy balls in the cold weather & with the approach of their 7th birthdays are doing remarkably well atm!
Rat troubles are under control. The latest one kept finding weak spots to dig in but I kept blocking them up with mesh panels & weights & eventually rat stopped coming. Maybe the cats got it. I know I havent won the war but I keep winning the battles!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Good to hear Bill and his girls are all fine )t' young Rocky is crowing very loudly the minute i let him out, even when it is still a bit dark!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Kitty i hit the one ledger on chicken keeping and on the screen was apost from you 2010 re Rolypoly, bless her.....you were the only one of the page who is still posting

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Rolypoly is where it all started for me, bless her big orpington fluffyness!! I was refurbing my son's bedroom the other day & found a pile of her feathers in a drawer of keepsakes. I'm still here but very distracted atm, I will be able to explain soon - when the time is right. Chooks are well, I had a long cuddle with Gibby when it was v cold. {hug}
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Kitty good to hear you are still on dtl and you just look after yourself and yours for the time being. Sandy x

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Giblet has come in for respite from the wind. It frightened her so much she couldnt get to her food. She seemed so relieved when I picked her up, shes had a bit of food & water & gone to sleep on me - the ultimate way to put off all my jobs!
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Gibby is back indoors, tucked under my arm, happily chuntering away. I went up to check on her as the wind has ramped up a notch & found her in her coop hiding/stuck under her low perch, she must have been so scared. As I type this she's shoved her head under my hair & gone to sleep. praps i can rig up a sling for her so I can have my arm back. Roll on the calmer weather!
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

chooks much happier in this nice calm weather, especially Gibby who's loving rolling in the lush, long grass in her run (time to get the mower out!) The others are very excited that I'm doing a bit of gardening again & they're joining in with every little thing I do. All that is except big Beany, her hernia has grown again & she's slowing down, looking uncomfortable & not perching at night. I havent been to the vet for some time but I think a visit is looming, I'm putting it off as long as poss as I dont think there's anything they can do for her.
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Poor Beany is very poorly now. Her hernia hasnt got any bigger but she has a severe respiratory issue, not sure if they're connected, I have a feeling there's something else going on. She's been on ab's since yesterday but her breathing is still laboured & she's been hiding today & barely eaten anything. If she's no better tomorrow it's back to the vet, I think for a farewell trip. She is 7 now, a good age for a big chook, but it's so sad seeing her friend Bonny cuddling up to her in the nestbox, or standing around on her own looking lost.
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Beany was pts this morning, she was struggling to breath poor girl. Farewell big, beautiful Queen Beany.
Image Image Image Image Image
--Immanuel Kant
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

sorry to hear and read .
Another loss of a famous hen of the DLT.
Thoughts go out to you.
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Kitty, I'm so sorry to hear about Beautiful Beany. What a sad, sad day for you {hug} You gave her the best life and the best care, right up until the very end

Take care
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Kitty i am so sorry you have lost your Beany {hug&kiss} what a magnificient beauty she was bless her xxx

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

I have 3 hens as big Eagle , Joan and another hen .
Gentle giants of the hens.
Bob