Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Post by sandy »

I wouldnt go with an implant, heard many sad stories about hens who have had them and they have gone wrong yike*
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Blossom,Merle-Oberon & Lauren-Bacall ,Cyd-Charisse,Ingrid-Bergman,Georgia,Madeleline,Myfawny & Monica-Rose
The Peds…Suranne,Miriam,Jennifer,Nancy,
Vorky Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I havent updated for a while. I'm kept quite busy these days as my 1y/o grandaughter & her mum still live with us, also my son broke his leg quite badly & couldnt go back to uni, so I've been looking after him too. Our house is full of piles of uni stuff, toys, baby clothes, washing...we're bursting at the seams & I'm pretty busy keeping on top of things. (But glad we're all together at the moment)
In the meantime Chickenopolous carried on oblivious to whats going on in the world. Poppy's latest moult has produced some very interesting new feather growth, some lovely saddle & hackle feathers to go with her long spurs. I wonder if she'll live long enough to grow a full cockerel tail.
Image Image
Gibby has had several moults in a row & got a bit thin for a while. Now I'm feeding them Garvo Alpha mix which she likes & she's much happier. The mice like it too, I keep seeing fat, little mice climbing up the sides of Gibbies run
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , Pleased all is ok .
Moulting time is rough on us humans as well .
watch out if you do not know Avian flu is back in England again .
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Lovely photos Kitty )like( bless little Giblet, wish I had given her a hug when I visited.
My godchildren are taking it in turms to be isolated as other children have been tested positive, their mum is tearing her hair out >coc<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Blossom,Merle-Oberon & Lauren-Bacall ,Cyd-Charisse,Ingrid-Bergman,Georgia,Madeleline,Myfawny & Monica-Rose
The Peds…Suranne,Miriam,Jennifer,Nancy,
Vorky Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Oh good grief! We come out of lockdown & the chickens go right back into it. Defra has given us till 14th to prepare then we've got to shut them in again. No ifs or buts, no "certain areas", all poultry- farms or gardens to be shut in. There's not much sunshine in the winter where the runs are so the chooks love to spend the morning down by our house, I so hate making them stay up there - just as the weather is getting cold too. Oh well, back to thinking of ways to make temporary run extensions, and a trip to tescos to stock up on end of date fruit & veg to entertain them.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant