Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Post by kitla »

amoxicillin tablets Sandy. Can be crushed & mixed with water or broken up & stuck in a grape (which is working for Bill at the moment)
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Oh dear, I'm so sorry Bill is still not well. Did the vet say what's wrong with him?

And how's Gibby doing?

Hope everything's settled down at home now the terms have started. You must have a nice, quiet house now! Definitely room for a few house chickens :-D
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

How is Bill doing now?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Bill is getting better gradually, he can crow quietly now! and he's started giving his snacks to his girls again, whereas he'd been rudely eating them himself while he was poorly.(chronic resperatory infection Karen). Beany is nearly feathered back up now, but it must be taking alot of energy - she is always starving hungry & steals everyone elses treats. I'm keeping an eye on Miss piggy, she's hanging back & being a bit quiet. I think she's probably just scared of Poppy. Perhaps its worming time.
Gibby is well, she's had another moult too so isnt too keen on cuddles atm.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

No Gibby cuddles? How do you cope???

Glad to hear Bill is getting his dood1e back. It's such a good job you took him back to the vets, he may well not have been able to fight off that infection himself. Rather disturbing that neither tylan or baytril touched it.

Hope MissPiggy is okay.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Miss piggy is fine, I think she's just rather shy now she's the only little one left. I noticed Giblet is growing some new leg feathers & I think they're annoying her a bit, I hope she kicks about a bit & she might land one on the pesky mice that keep nicking her food. Karen I do wonder if the tylan I used for Bill was a bit old, praps thats why it didnt work on him.
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Missp has the remnants of teeny pin feathers appeared on her head, which explains why she's been a bit "off", she seems fine now. Bills crow is almost back, I could hear him from inside the coop this morning. Hopefully he's beaten the infection, but the vet said he could have an extention of the a/b's if he needs it - we'll see.
The Chickenopolous award for the loveliest new feathers this season goes to Poppy, who from a plain all over ex batt ginger, has grown a beautiful lacing around her neck with a perky tail to match. Not bad for a 6 y/o ex batt. - Photo to follow!
We're on the lookout for rats atm, I found a dead baby rat outside the run the other day, & where there's one there's a nest! But we have alot of cats hunting (& fighting) around here & this summer all of the young rats I've spotted have "dissappeared". Saves me the trouble of catching them & hopefully spares a few birds!
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Poppy is doing very well, longest i have heard for an ex batty )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Misspiggy back to her fluffyness
Beany & Bill - back to his shinyness
and miss Poppy showing her new colours & fluffy butt
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Long time no post. Me & DH hav been very busy sorting out "stuff" that has been building up in every loft, cupboard, corner, nook over the years. The "we'll get round to it" piles. No matter how much we sort out it just keeps coming!
Chickenopolous is ticking over nicely. Bill is back to full song, Beany's hernia hasnt grown big again yet so she's fine, all girls are fully feathered up (no eggs but hey... >shrug< ) Still plenty of mice & signs of a rat trying to dig in - but it must be a small one or the mice would have gone. Most mornings a beautiful male pheasant joins the flock for a while. Giblet is still not keen on cuddles at the moment, which is a shame as she must be lonely when the others arent nearby, I still lookout for another disabled henny to live with her.
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw Kitty it is a shame we dont live closer to one another. Lottie would be a perfect disabled companion for Gibby. One day she can walk, slowly mind you and on the days i will be home when it is still light she gets her freedom, when i have to work later (which is happening a lot at the moment) even if she can walk i have to put her in the huge hamster cage so she is safe at dark as with the awlful flooding i am getting in the run i know rats are about and she wouldnt stand a chance bless her. When she cant walk i pop her in the smaller cage so she can easily reach her food and water. She is such a gentle little girl which is more than can be said for her twinnie Dottie who dosent show a lot of compassion to her sister. I feel so mean but i need to keep her safe, it would be ideal for her to live with someone else with a disability. Dottie would be fine on her own as she is just through a wire to the other girls and loves exploring while Lottie is encased.

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Aww poor little Lottie. Yes it may have worked to put her in Giblets run - though we also have a visiting rat atm too, but only a small one. Even if she did have mareks my lot have been exposed & must be immune. Anyway, as you say too far, especially for a poorly little girl to travel. I'm sure she feels safe in her indoor cage.
I know we only have a small rat visiting the run because there's lots & lots of mice still there! There's now mice living in the pack of bedding straw in the feed shed. It's a plastic wrapped one sat in a bucket, just inside the door. When I go in there a little mouse pops out the top in front of me & they've nibbled the bottom of the bag & are gradually pulling the straw into the bucket & sometimes sound like they're playing in it!
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

The mice have gradually disappeared and today I found out why, the B****y rat has knawed into the feed shed...but instead of trying to eat into the plastic feed boxes it's chewed into the bale of aubiose & made an awful mess! grrr! I set the trap tonight, I hope its still only one rat.
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

i have rid myself of the rats in Alice's area but have a persistant on coming in behind the cube so have sent off for a sonar, should have asked anyone of they have tried it before i suppose :oops:
I meant to say beofre love the piccie of Bill and Beanie )like(

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Hahaaa! ratty has left the building!!...and the garden. He was in the cage trap this morning so went for a little trip to my secret place. All holes are now blocked, I can relax now (till the next one)
--Immanuel Kant