Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Post by kitla »

I do miss Beany the garden is missing something without her.
Bill only has 3 girls now (& Giblet looking on of course) I dont have any immediate plans to get more atm, my neighbour who minds them when I'm away has altzimers so I'm letting them wind down until I can find someone else to help.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So sorry to hear about your neighbour. Bill probably will be fine with three girls he must be getting on now?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

sandy wrote:So sorry to hear about your neighbour. Bill probably will be fine with three girls he must be getting on now?

Well Bill is about middle aged at 4 & still spritely, but his "girls" are all 7 years old & not keen on his attentions atall, especially ex batt Poppy who he chases round the garden but cant catch! I'm hoping Bill will become more sedate as he ages, We're expecting a grandchild this summer & I dont want to worry about Bill when she gets to toddling.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

If you get stuck I could take them and bring back when you return.
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

thanks for the offer Bob, I think you're a bit far from me though
--Immanuel Kant
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi distance is no object .
How about a house sitter .
SHMBO has one of her daughters friends look after her animals and house whilst she goes on holiday . She lives with parents and enjoy the freedom (no parties though. ) .
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

thanks Bob. Atm my neighbour still loves looking after them & neighbours the other side keep an eye on them too, so its fine now while there's just a few. I'll just see how things go for a while. The grandchild situation is a bit complicated too & I'm not sure yet how things will work out & how it will affect our lives. Anyway watch & wait, though I'm sure if a couple of stray chooks found their way into my garden I'd manage to squeeze them in :oops:
--Immanuel Kant
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

I'm sorry I missed that you had lost Beany. What a very sad loss to the Henpals. Those photos are wonderful - what a beautiful, fluffy girl
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Kitty i forgot to say congratulations on your grandchild!

If you do get stuck, I am nearer than Bob of course!
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Poor Bill has got scaly leg & its causing him some aggro. I've tried vaseline, sudocream & the old ivermectin I have which is 2 years out of date ( :oops: ) But no sign of improvement & though it doesnt look too bad he is limping a little, worrying at it & not liking me touching his legs especially the top parts. New Harkermectin is on the way, I hope it works fast.
--Immanuel Kant
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Poor Bill - that's no fun
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , Not swearing on it , but if you make a puddle of water in mud , thick mud , and let heim scratch in it the mud can do the same job ,
No p[en wounds though .
I noticed the hens that are deep in the mud do not get it .
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

The Harkermectin worked a treat for Bill's scalyleg, Poppy too, the others dont seem affected. Gibby has become particularly cuddly again lately, she just wants me to carry her around while she dozes on my shoulder. Sandy & I are going to try putting little Lotti in with her next week >fi< they get on, it will be lovely for Gibs to have some company. I hope Lotti can cope with Gibby's run.
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Well Giblet and Little Lottie begin a new adventure together!
Lottie is smaller & frailer than Gibby. She mostly keeps out of Gib's way, which is a good thing as Giblet's long legs & big feathered feet stomp around forward and backward with no idea of what (or who) might be in the way! Lottie's only danger is being run over by Gib!
After breakfast Lottie took herself back to the warm nestbox for a while, then Giblet went in to lay her egg - found someone else in there, so settled down by the door instead. I wondered why Lottie hadnt come out, I checked & she couldnt get past Giblet! She out exploring the pen now. Not quite brave enough to go into the garden yet
She prefers eating Giblet's snacks
--Immanuel Kant
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Lovely photo's. It looks like they are going to be really good friends. )like(