Post by amber66 »

Come on Bill stop worrying your mum, sending you some get well vibes >fi<
Amber.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Post by sandy »

Lots of >fi< to the wonderful magnificient Bill x
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Kitty how is Bill doing? And you and the girls?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Kitty, I forgot to say - I have a present for you from HenPen, she gave me it at the last Henpals meet up for you. Do you want to leave it till our Christmas meet, or I could pop it over sometime?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Hello, sorry not had time to spend on DTL for a while, other life has just been getting in the way! My lot are still going, Bill stopped wheezing but hasnt fully recovered his glorious crow yet. All chooks are on tylan this week as there's alot of sneezing going on & Poppy was a bit wheezy, she's also being very good tempered & not attacking miss piggy - which is very unlike her! Miss piggy did her usual ENORMOUS moult, changing from a big round puff into a tiny, skinny moorhen sized spiky chook. She's now growing so many feathers back she's always hungry & is whizzing around grabbing everyone elses treats. I think Daisy is coming back into lay, more sitting in the box but not producing anything (what I was afraid she might do again). Little Nettle didnt come out of bed today, by lunchtime I was preparing for the worst, thinking her mareks had finally got her, but when I put her in a box with some food she could see it & was really hungry, but limping. Not sure what she's done but I gave her metacam, food & water & she's gone back to bed. Darling Giblet is the only one laying eggs as usual!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

KarenE wrote:Kitty, I forgot to say - I have a present for you from HenPen, she gave me it at the last Henpals meet up for you. Do you want to leave it till our Christmas meet, or I could pop it over sometime?

what christmas meet? sorry I'm a bit out of touch
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

what christmas meet? sorry I'm a bit out of touch

We haven't arranged one yet :-D See the henpals meet up thread - there's a suggestion that we try and meet up again before Christmas if we can
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Glad to hear Bill better, hope Little Nettle picks up >fi<

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Dear little Nettle is still limping badly. I have to help her out of the coop in the morning, then she hides in a nestbox for a while. The metacam seems to help a bit though, today she ventured down the garden into the sunny spot & cuddled up to her pal Bonny. They make a cute pair dont they?!
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

They certainly do look lovely together )t' Little nettle looks like Lottie who too is limping at the moment

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I wonder if its those big feet feathers getting caught on something & yanking their legs?
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Back to the vets this afternoon, I'll be taking Nettle and Daisy. Nettle's limp isnt really getting any better, I'm worried it may either need some kind of wrapping, or perhaps she just needs steroids to help it heal, or at worst it could be something to do with the mareks.
Daisy has a repeat of the last 2 infections, alas she hasnt managed to lay an egg again, so I'm sure she's laying internally. She also has very ragged breathing & purple comb again & she isnt eating much, once again I'm not expecting her to come home.
--Immanuel Kant
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

Fingers crossed both girls have positive outcomes x
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

I do hope Nettle and Daisy go on ok at the vets. A very worrying time for you I am sure. I have had my fair share of these worries and it never gets any easier. Good luck to you and Nettle (love that name) and Daisy. Keep us posted.
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hope all goes well for Nettle and Daisy at the vets for you Kitla.
Amber.