Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Post by sandy »

Come on Bonny girlie, sending lots of >fi< >fi< >fi< for a full recovery {hug&kiss}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Once again Bonny dropped a lash in the coop overnight - it was big & pretty weird,
but mostly full of eggwhite rather than pus. She was fine today, clucking away happily!
How many lives can a chicken have!?
Now how about a bit of Bill - he has been posing for his fans today...........
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Kitla.
Thats good news to hear Bonny is feeling better, long may it last.
Your boy is very good looking and i expect my girls would be very envious to have him as part of the flock.
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So glad Bonny is okay {hug} Oh my goodness I know the henpals know they must not read mums and dads diaries and good job too, oh envious they would be if they caught sight of the magnificient Bill, he really is on handsome boy )like(
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Giblet has laid a couple of fairy eggs (sounds nicer than wind eggs) this week, I
opened one & found it had a proper tiny yolk inside! Now I think she's gone broody
again, at least I hope she has as she's sitting & not eating much. She is drinking plenty, but I've just started putting a wormer in the water & I think its given Gibby a bit of the squits. I think she's ok though.
Her friend Blacky the blackbird (that throws her food about every day & picks out
all the mealworms {mr.angry} )came up to me at the feed shed begging for
mealworms as usual. He already had a worm in his beak but managed to stuff in a
few treats too & flew off with them. This made me smile as up to now he's eaten everything himself & I thought "poor thing he didn't find a mate this year", but now
he has babies to feed - which means I better close Gibby's run door or he'll nick
ALL her food!
Poop picking this am I found a spot of blood under the perch. Group inspection
revealed our Bill had sliced a chunk from inside his toe. He was terribly brave
while I cleaned it up with hibiscrub & covered it with sudocream. Treacle also got
some treatment as I found another little bumble splinter in her foot webbing, so
popped it out & sudocreamed it. Also Misspiggy has a black spot on each footpad,
more like a callus than a bumble & doesn't bother her, strange?! My other discovery
was spotting some egg yolk on a few heads! hmmm! Spotty hasn't laid any eggs lately, might be passing
softies in the night? On the other hand I have a suspicion that Bonny may have laid
a couple of eggs this week, either that or I've miscounted, that would mean she's
recovered from her condition! which I thought wasn't possible. >fi<
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

The trouble with two little little girls being broody in the big nestboxes is that the
big girls either need to squeeze in with them, or find an alternative - which is what
Tiny has been doing! I found a whole pile of eggs behind the feed shed in a lovely
big nest tucked under the honeysuckle! I've seen Bill coming out of there, he must
have been standing over her.
Talking of eggs someone laid the biggest egg I've ever seen here, 88gm! I reckon
it was Beany as she was being pretty noisy yesterday - in chicken speak she was
probably saying "ooch, ouch, youch!" all round the garden.
I take Nettle to see a poultry vet in towcester later this morning >fi<
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Poor Beany, I hope she has a nice cold rubber ring to sit on today :-D

How did everything go with Nettle?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I think laying that huge egg made Beany ravenously hungry, so hungry that she
caught & ate a mouse! yeuc, I thought it was a big worm hanging out of her mouth
but it was a mouse tail sile} I had to leave her to it as I was just leaving to take
Nettle to the vet, I haven't seen any furry poops in the garden today!
As I feared the vet thinks Nettle has mareks & he thinks her being broody is speeding
up the progression. so Smidge must also have had it. He said certain breeds and inbred chooks are more succeptable than others. Reading up on it I see that silkies
are vunerable to mareks, and thinking back that's probably what Pebbles had (I
thought she'd had a stroke). None of the others have been affected so they must
be immune, I hope Bill is too!
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Dear little Bill, he was making a lot of noises & I wondered what was up with him?
I looked closer & saw he was holding a seed in his beak, but the girls weren't around, then he spotted Treacle at the other end of the garden & ran all the way up there to place the seed down at her feet! So gallant!
--Immanuel Kant
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , The cockerels are better than me I would have eaten it before two steps.
My boys are always calling them over to eat. Only one purpose though so not that much different I suppose .
My boys are worse as the find a bit of straw and call the girls over to it. Problem being the girls get narked and the the boys get beaten up for their trouble. Great watching them ,dance and interact.
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

bikesandbirdsbob wrote:Hi , The cockerels are better than me I would have eaten it before two steps.
Bob

What! even if it was your last rolo? poor Karen!
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

What a lovely morning! I got out the hose & gave everything a good watering (we
didn't get any rain here), when I did Giblet's garden she came off her broody nest
to help. She romped through her flower bed, did some weeding with her feet, then
fertilised a patch in the middle!...then went back to bed.
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Today Bill decided it was time to thin out my carrots!! He thinned them all onto
the patio! thankyou Bill )gr:
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I think Bill is a bit bored as so many of the girls are broody, he is into everything
and regularly follows me into the kitchen. This morning I went out to hang some
washing, came back in & found him in the guineapig cage! He has some sore
patches on his feet too, probably from jumping onto things he shouldn't!
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Bill is keeping himself busy by helping you garden and cleaning out the gerbil's cage )t'
Remie helped me plant out my cabbages yesterday by helpfully plucking them from their cells and running up the garden with them.

Hibiscrub and sudocreme combo for Bill's feet, just to be on the safe side?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper