Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Post by sandy »

OMG just catching up , bless little Giblet thank goodness she is getting better )like(
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Thats good news Kitla. )like(
Amber.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Just catching up with the Forum. So glad Gibby seems better Kitty - Long may it last. Sounds like you are doing a marvellous job of looking after her.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Thank goodness Gibby is okay. Hopefully its just the moult taking it out of her
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Giblet only needed half the pot of bayril (vets advice), now Bill is having the other half as his crow - that had started to recover - has faded again & his breathing is noisy. He's not seemingly poorly, infact he's a bit bad tempered compared to normal & has chased me a couple of mornings, doesnt like being picked up atm (most unusual for Bill) and doesnt like taking his meds! Perhaps its just because he had loads of pin feathers coming on his neck which are uncomfortable.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Bill's feathers are fluffing out & he's looking & sounding a bit better this morning. Yesterday, while walking the dog I noticed the big dung pile across the fields being dug into for annual muck spreading. I always cringe when this happens as its usually full of big rats that will be looking for new homes. I definately heard something chewing on plastic around the edge of the run later on, I hope it was just a mouse - there's alot of mice in Chickenopolous at the moment.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

I have missed out on all of this news. We don't have chickens any more so I have't popped in to this section for ages. I used to so enjoy hearing about Gibby when you first got her, and was so worried for her as I read your posts. But phew! She's OK. They know how to put us through the wringer, don't they?!
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Yes FR, Gibby certainly needs more than her share of tlc, luckily I enjoy giving it to her! Today I spent 10 mins helping her get started on her breakfast, as usual when she's moulting she's a bit unable to focus on her food & waves her head about a bit, missing the bowl. Once she'd eaten some I gave her a cuddle in the sunshine to warm her up.
Bill still cant crow & still breathing noisily, but seems lively enough. still on baytril over the weekend, hopefully he'll improve a bit when his many neck feathers are through.
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Good to hear Gibby has perked up, I hope Bill isn't suffering too much with his moult and of course hoping it isn't anything more serious than that.

It is the season for it - Dory has just dropped a load of feathers all over the lawn.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hope Bill has perked up? Rocky isnt crowing much either, shame boys dont moult in the summer, save all that early morning crowing {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

My boys are molting and far from quite . Not stopping them dancing either . Only the hens not laying as turned them off. Still watch for helicopters over the A13 ....
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

helecopters? did I miss something?
Bill's feathers are almost fully grown now. He seems very perky & well, eating fine, running down the garden & dancing as normal, but still slightly raspy breathing & crow not back to normal. He's had tylan, baytril then I gave them all tylan again. If he had an infection it should have had some effect, anyway he'd be showing signs of illness which hes not. I've looked down his throat, no visible gapeworms. I remember when Tiny the dorking hen had a croaky throat every so often, the vet called it a "snick", I think it was damage from a previous illness, it would usually get better by itself. If Bill gets ill I'll take him straight to the vets though.
The girls are all ok, Beany had an explosive moult which left her parsons nose bald, bright red & exposed - I sprayed it purple which looked very odd!, luckily her hernia stayed covered in fluff. She's much better for loosing weight while she was broody, I really mustnt let her get so fat again - too many treats over the last winter. They all get a daily dig in the empty veg patch, I reckon its the best source of protein for moulting hennies.
--Immanuel Kant
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , helicopters are often flying over or very close to my garden , I think they like looking at my hens...
He takes his job serious and calls all hens in the run from any over head threat .
When I hear him I am straight out side looking up .
Planes are to high so does not call out .
Helicopters explained .
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Bill finally went to the vets today, he breaths like Darth Vader and I think he's lost a bit of weight. Poor Bill didnt enjoy the experience, he was shaking so much the vet had trouble listening to his heartbeat. Anyway he's got a new antibiotic now >fi< hopefully he'll be back to his loud crowing soon! (did I really just say that?!)
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Lots of get well wishes to Bill, Kitty. What meds is he on?