Louise's Chicken Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Louise's Chicken Diary

Post by sandy »

Aw CC, how is Rose doing?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Hi Sandy. Rose is just the same at the moment. Still lying down, but she is still alert and watching what is going on in the garden. She is still eating bits and drinking very well. I am going to see how she goes on this week. I really want to give her time to see if she can rally.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

I am very sorry to say that my beautiful Rose passed away this morning. She was in a very bad way and was having fits when I went to see her this morning. I sat with her in the garden on my knee and she was in a terrible state. Eventually she closed her eyes and went in my arms. I am devastated. Can't write much more today I can't stop the tears.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

CC we all completely understand how emotionally attached you get to these girls and how tough it is to watch them leave us. Especially when it is so traumatic, but at least Rose was in familiar surroundings and not on her own {hug}

Bless you, and it's ok to grieve for her
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

CC I am so very sorry to hear about dear little Rose {hug&kiss} I have had that dreadful experience a few times, indeed dear Becky passed the same way just after Christmas. Rose didnt suffer for long and she was with the person who loved her more than anyone else. She had a wonderful life with you, you couldnt have done more for her but none of that makes it any easier does it. Big hug to you xxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Thanks so much Sandy and karen for you kind words - they are a comfort to me.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , Sorry to hear , I have had this so many times and it still hurts .
She had a good life that's is all you can do.
Keep safe and WELL.
Bob
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Thanks Bob.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Well it is Olive's turn now. I have a vet appointment for 10.30 this morning. She has been bloated for some time now and although still OK in herself, she is struggling to jump up on things as she normally would with the other two. I am keeping everything crossed that she can be sorted out and I get her home in one piece. My blood pressure is already rising with the thought of taking her to the vets, but I really want her looked at so hopefully we can sort this problem out. Oh the worry of these animals!!!! Please wish Olive luck everyone ... and me - my nerves are shot, especially after only just losing Rose.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Oh dear CC, how sad to hear that Olive now isn't well. I do hope the vet can help. Sometimes it can feel that all the problems are coming one after the other. How did it go at the vets? >fi<
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi my thoughts are with her .
Let us know what the vet said as it maybe the answer to some of my hens condition .
XXX
Bob
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Thanks Bob and Karen. I had to leave her at the vet and now am anxiously awaiting a phone call. They couldn't drain any fluid from her to test for some reason. Even vet sounded confused!! She has therefore had an ultra scan and I am awaiting the results. I just want to bring her home. I will let you know what the outcome of this ordeal is when I know more.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , you are doing your best that is all you can do , what ever the out come , in good hands and wishing her well.
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

She will be in safe hands tonight. Fingers crossed that the ultrasound results show what is going on, and more importantly that there is a treatment option for her. Come on Olive!! >fi< >fi<
Karen
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Hi all. Just an update on Olive, but, unfortunately, it is not good news. I collected her from the vets at 4.00pm yesterday and basically the outcome of the scan showed a great mass in her stomach that wasn't fluid (reason why draining would not work). Vet seems to think it is either a build up of egg material or tumour. I was trying to take in what he was saying but I felt so stressed out it don't think I got the full gist of it all. There is nothing that can be done. I was just so glad, and so was Olive, to get her home after her horrendous day. We are really back to square one, but she is still doing chickeny things and behaving normally, apart from being able to jump as she is so so bloated. I feel that I have made a mistake by taking her. When the vet first said he could not get any fluid out and the other option was the ultra sound to see what was going on, I instantly agreed. I don't think, in hindsight, I should have. I feel I have given her a stressful day for nothing when she could have been quite happy at home with her friends. I think I may have learnt another chicken lesson here. If it cannot be drained it is obviously something more serious and as nothing can resolve this issue, she was best to be left alone. She is on Metacam so I'll see how she goes on. She is still enjoying life at the moment and every day is precious. So I sat in the garden with her when I got home with a glass of wine and cried my eyes out.