The Dinosaurs in my Back Garden

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Re: The Dinosaurs in my Back Garden

Post by HenPen »

Just catching up on the news - what lovely photos.
I love the one of Colin and Flo!

stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

Might have had a breakthrough today. Let the girls out for a while first thing then put them in the run but closed the door to the coop AND blocked under the coop. So basically the girls could potter around in the run and sit on the roosts but couldn't nest. After about three hours I let them back out into the garden and they all had a long dust bath. Afterwards instead of rushing back to the coop, Hamble actually pecked around and seemed to be looking at the garden through new eyes. She must have been happily meandering around for an hour before the broodiness set upon her again. Repeated the same this afternoon with similar results. I hope this is a sign of things to come as tomorrow marks ten weeks as Hamble being broody. That means it's about six weeks for Matilda too..shame I'm back at work tomorrow so I can't lock then out the coop all day.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I think we need a broody thread started so we can post when and when they stop broodiness on our girls >eas1<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

sandy wrote:I think we need a broody thread started so we can post when and when they stop broodiness on our girls >eas1<

)like(
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I shall back track in diary and set one up tomorrow +f+
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

sandy wrote:I shall back track in diary and set one up tomorrow +f+

)like(
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

I put two huge cushions in the nest boxes yesterday evening so the girls couldn't brood overnight. I have to say it was nice to check up on the girls before bed to find all three on the perch together. When I went out this morning all three were in the run - the auto door opener lets them into the run at 6:30am. Again it was great to see them together. I took the cusion out of one nest box since Florence is still laying. Low and behold ten mins later the two broodies were in the only open nest box together :? It is going to get a bit busy in there when Flo goes in to lay. She is top hen and will muscle in fine.
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

All three girls in the garden with me for hours today. After 10 weeks and 6 days it looks like Hamble is no longer broody - yippee! As suspected, Matilda has forgotten about being broody now Hamble has. I so hope that's it for this year :?
manda

Post by manda »

Can't see the pics from photobucket (and your profile pic says the same thing???) ...it is saying about updating so that it can have third party hosting or something like that....one of the reasons I've just got rid of my Photobucket account :?
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
manda

Post by manda »

I'm hoping this will work ....Terry and Trev...the dinosaurs in my garden :-D

One of the Jenny's with a poult at the beginning of the year....the time when turkeys are cute looking...

No broody's here (but we are in winter) although I've had one of my girls turn up the other day with 8 chicks in tow...the little yellow one is no longer with us though..Not the best time when the temps have been dropping below freezing..I don't know what she was thinking!!
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Manda , will be in the neighbour hood in Oct/Nov . Let me know if you want anything from uk . Deposit it somewhere for you to collect . Not sure of the guide routes ,but with Travelbag both islands. I would loved to visit but not sure of timings and where.
Lovely photos.
Bob
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

So what can I use to post photos on here if not Photobucket. I hate Photobucket anyway so will happily use something else.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Love the pictures of the turkeys - they really do look like dinosaurs. )like(
manda

Post by manda »

bikesandbirdsbob wrote:Hi Manda , will be in the neighbour hood in Oct/Nov . Let me know if you want anything from uk . Deposit it somewhere for you to collect . Not sure of the guide routes ,but with Travelbag both islands. I would loved to visit but not sure of timings and where.
Lovely photos.
Bob

YAY!! You will love it I'm sure. Nearer the time let me know ...I'm going to be off mid Oct - Mid Nov. We've got the EQC (Earthquake commission) in doing repairs of the repairs and then after that I'm decorating and getting ready for a party ...so if you're around our place Nov 4th you're welcome ! Of course you're welcome anytime..just let me know :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

sandy wrote:I shall back track in diary and set one up tomorrow +f+

When I have time of course, yes I am a bit tardy :oops: