The Dinosaurs in my Back Garden

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: The Dinosaurs in my Back Garden

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Nov 4th is SHMBO birthday .......
Trouble is being a stranger in the land . Not knowing your location well , tour groups movements and times and dates .
Have asked the company Travelbag to give free dates and times and places so as have a better plan,
But as offered if you would like something from UK that you may not get or have let me know . Once there post on or leave at a location /hotel to pick up.
Bob

stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

Jeez my diary is getting full of things I know nothing about :?
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

hi , you could fly out with me and SHMBO .
Sorry to kidnap it .
Manda I have been trying to get hold of.
bob
manda

Post by manda »

bikesandbirdsbob wrote:Nov 4th is SHMBO birthday .......
Trouble is being a stranger in the land . Not knowing your location well , tour groups movements and times and dates .
Have asked the company Travelbag to give free dates and times and places so as have a better plan,
But as offered if you would like something from UK that you may not get or have let me know . Once there post on or leave at a location /hotel to pick up.
Bob

Nov 4th is our youngest son's birthday (12) but we are also having a Mexican Dios De los Muertos (Day of the Dead) party - we had one last year and it was great fun....so if you get the chance great (and if you can and let me know I'll make her a cake :-D )...if not I hope she has a lovely day ...I would say wherever you are it will be great (but then I am biased because I love NZ).

I will have a think but to be honest whilst there were things I missed initially when we moved out here you assimilate ad get used to local things....bu thank you for the offer
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Glas all your broodiness has stopped, mine too maybe it is the time of the year? Has Hamble resumed laying again yet? My Audders seems to be on strike!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

Just got back from a few days holiday Sandy. My friend who was looking after the girls said she got two eggs some days so either Matilda or Hamble, both of whom had been broody up till a week or so ago, has joined Florence in laying. I think it's probably Matilda as she is getting back to crouching when I reach for her. Both girls have gone from broodiness to moulting and look like burst cushions :?
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Goof grief they shouldve shed before they went broody them they could have had feather pillows {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

Yup. It's Matilda laying again. I don't think Hamble is far off though. Starting to crouch and her comb and wattles are deep red.
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

It's great to see the three girls out together again. The weekend was mostly ok weather wise so they had plenty of time out in the garden with me. Hamble is a state with her moult. Like something from a chickenesque horror movie. Poor wee soul. Not that she's down with it. She has a spring in her step and is eating for Britain. Lots of weight to put back on after her marathon broody session. Florence is neither broody nor moulting. She is boss hen and nothing seems to phase her.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Give Hamble some prawn/shrimp cat food to help her gain weight, my girls love it more than anything else in the world {rofwl}

stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

Do you give them the soft cat food Sandy or biscuits? My girls love cat food. When I let them out their run they make a beeline for the kitchen to see if my cats have left anything in their bowls. I always have to make sure I lift any chicken flavour out the way - don't fancy them eating that!
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

It's the soft stuff SD, fishy ones can be good for them but only when they need building up i.e. while moulting or when Ill (also good if meds have to be given). Mine are always breaking in to the kitchen and nicking anything left in the cats bowl, but they don't seem to bother with the biscuits. They also like to wash their feet and beaks in her water yike*
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

Well yesterday was a red letter day. Hamble has started laying again after around 13 weeks off. Three eggs in the nest box. Back to full production. Now where are all those egg recipes?...
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

This time exactly a year ago I took delivery of my three girls - Hamble, Florence and Matilda. I have never kept chickens before. It has been the most inspiring time. They are friends with benefits. I can't imagine life without chickens now. I'm still learning but loving every minute. And it is great meeting (mostly virtually) lots of chicken minded friends too.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Can't believe it's a year SD since you entered this crazy chicken keeping world. It is amazing how addictive these creatures are and you are right, once you start down this path you can't imagine life without them. There are definitely highs and lows and it is a massive learning curve and you just seem to carry on learning as you go along. This Forum has been such a help and everyone has been so nice and so supportive and it's lovely to have the back-up of your "friends". It enables you to be in contact with people that you otherwise would never "meet" and they genuinely feel like friends - which is lovely!! So glad you are enjoying your experiences with these crazy girls - they have a tendency to steel your heart for sure.