Perchy's Pottager Patch 2012

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Re: Perchy's Pottager Patch 2012

Post by jannie »

Glad you're not going to give up Perchy! {hug} .. I'm sure your broad beans will be fine once they are tied up.. they'll look a bit bendy till they straighten themselves out but usually recover well. )t' ..I've had to rescue my runner beans this morning..they'd reached the tops of their poles and the wind had caught them and unwound them half way down }hairout{ .. We really need some dry weather now if it's only to bring the bees out to pollinate >fi<
perchy

Post by perchy »

{hug} {hug}

}hairout{
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Surely its got to get better soon ? Perchy how are things in the greenhouse - are you getting it cold as well as wet or are things growing in there OK?
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
perchy

Post by perchy »

Annie, it isn't that warm in the greenhouse, there really is a chill in the air, have been out and it has rained all the time, back home now and still raining and blowing a gale }hairout{ will see what tomorrow brings )t'
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Raining here too and gale force winds too }hairout{

If it's any consolation Perchy, I feel like giving up too. What hasn't been eaten by pests, has been destroyed by my lack of enthusiasm. )sh Even my flipping currant bushes are all stuck together with bugs even though they have been sprayed.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
perchy

Post by perchy »

I am that excited I am lost for words {rofwl}

{rofwl} {rofwl}
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

You have got me stumped too Perchy !!!!!!!!! {hug} {rofwl}
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
perchy

Post by perchy »

Wait til Jannie see's it {rofwl}

she will be so envy}}

Bless her
little brown hen
Legendary Laner

Post by little brown hen »

Hi Perchy, did your beans pull through? you have a tomato! )t' Brilliant! I found at least two pea pods yesterday which Im really pleased about. :-D We really need the warmer weather to continue. Its supposed to be cool again at the weekend. Its a complete night mare this year. }hairout{
Mum to Sox and Boo,and hens, Bramble,
Belle,Bourbon,Holly,Ivy, May and June
RIP Daisy my cat,and Spice, Clara, Alice, Biscuit, Cookie Clarice and Henrietta. Over rainbow bridge, but never forgotten.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Hi Sue

Not all the beans pulled through, what a disappointment this season has been, we desperately needs some warm weather as the courgettes etc really are not doing alot etc, and the greenhouse just isn't bursting like it should be, but I am not the only one I am sure, maybe we will have a late summer >fi<

I am trying hard not to give up on it all at the moment, just finding time to get out there when the weather is reasonable }hairout{
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I have given up on my garden this year Perchy, I am tidying it up and have filled some pots but everything else can go hang as the slopes mean we can't get up there when the ground is wet anyway .... as a result everything is doing really well.

If neither of us worked and we had unlimited resources after a year or two we would have a pretty garden like yours but realistically it is too big a garden to just be a pretty one.

I must admit to feeling completely in the grumps about the garden this year, as usual a certain person being completely lazy has held me back loads.

I would love a garden like yours, roll on the downsize.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Am stress busting today and so have been to the greenhouse, the garden I am leaving for a while and not worrying about it, the potatoes seem to be doing the best, had a little look around and I was pleased to see

and

The greenhouse is showing a little more promise, although only a little

Who will get this?

and this {rofwl}

I am really excited about this, a flower on the aubergine

I am not giving up yet )t'

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Wow Perchy you're doing really well there :-D )t' :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Oh Bev thank you although it doesn't feel like it, I think I need to stop looking at last years, we are all feeling a bit down in the mouth with it, all we need is a little more warmth and I am sure things will pick up )t'
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Your garden still looks pretty and well kept Perchy, even if it isnt producing the same as last year. Mine looks like a tropical rain forest - I will have to post a pic whenit stops raining long enough for me to go out !