Perchy's Pottager Patch 2012

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
perchy

Re: Perchy's Pottager Patch 2012

Post by perchy »

The mushrooms are starting to show )c(

Have been busy today, the old water tank is now going to be a herb bed, will sow a few flowers in there too, the only paint I had for metal is this colour, but having been given the tank couldn't justify buying paint, the soil will cover the bottom, it has been dug in so quite deep, and really ideal place for herbs

Canes up ready for peas and sweet peas, think this side will be the salad bed, and onions

Decided against wigwams and have put canes against the fence for runner beans and sweet peas and nasturtians and broad beans will go in front

Decided against wigwams and have put canes against the fence for runner beans and sweet peas and nasturtians and broad beans will go in front

Will probably shut the gate and use the long piece for potatoes

Greenhouse still in a bit of a pickle but better than it was and seems a bit warmer in there so hopefully a few more seeds will be coming through )t'
little brown hen
Legendary Laner

Post by little brown hen »

Wow you've been busy Perchy, its all looking good. )t' Its frustrating isn't it, because like me you're all ready, but the frost can still strike, and you cant really plant out yet! As they say Patience is a virtue. :-D roll on April/May. )t'
Mum to Sox and Boo,and hens, Bramble,
Belle,Bourbon,Holly,Ivy, May and June
RIP Daisy my cat,and Spice, Clara, Alice, Biscuit, Cookie Clarice and Henrietta. Over rainbow bridge, but never forgotten.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Eat your heart out Jannie, have been to aldee and bought a blue berry bush and a raspberry cane {hug} may go back for the red gooseberry bush (hope I don't find anything under it) yike*

Now have a plan for a little fruit area ~ thanks Jannie {hug&kiss}

:b( :b(
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Wonderful pictures as always Perchy :-D

You guys are an inspiration, really you are {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

perchy wrote:Eat your heart out Jannie, have been to aldee and bought a blue berry bush and a raspberry cane .. may go back for the red gooseberry bush (hope I don't find anything under it) yike*

Now have a plan for a little fruit area ~ thanks Jannie {hug&kiss}

:b(

:-D ...can't wait to see the pics )t'
perchy

Post by perchy »

Will take some tomorro {hug}
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

It does look good Perchy, you have been busy. We gave up on wigwams for our beans, they do much better with canes in our garden.
perchy

Post by perchy »

For some reason my phone camera is not working }hairout{ will use Mr P's tomorrow.

Today we have had a good tidy, have potted on some pansies into baskets, started to plant up the herb water tank, I did buy a rosemary plant, we had a huge one that mingled in with the roses, but the snow last year killed it }hairout{ I put some strawberries i there too, they were rescued from last year and I noticed one has a flower on it!

Have planted potatoes in a potato bag, put some in the garden and a row of carrots, didn't get chance to plant the raspberry and blueberry out, think I will get another couple, as would like to make jam really, going to train them up the fencing.

Seeds are now popping up all over, and the girls seem a little too interested in them so have made a curtain of fleece, so they can't see them {warn} I just love them sat in there with me.

Sown some more courgettes, round yellow ones, forget what they are called, and set some tomatoes and sweet peas I got free with gardener's world.

Lots of pruning at the top of the garden by the kitchen, looks so much better.

Been a lovely day {hug}
perchy

Post by perchy »

These should be ready in the week )t'

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I know you will have eggs Perchy but have you got a pack of bacon at the ready in the fridge and I promise not to tell if you fry a slice of bread too ! )eat(
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
perchy

Post by perchy »

Well came home from work early today had an appointment (if anyone asks) +f+ and decided to take some pics in the greenhouse and garden, everything is now sprouting and looking healthy >fi<

Onions will definitely go out at the weekend if not before, that will free some space

Bedding Lobelia and petunias doing really well, they didn't grow last year, the mini propogators are from Aldi

Tomatoes and Chilli's, some are still quite small

Salad leaves

Peas and nasturtians

The herbs are sprouting and coming on nicely, the strawberry plants I have put in the old water tank are doing well as is the rosemary, hope to fill it with herbs eventually

Filled some containers with pansies and dotted them around the garden, and tidied this end, will scrub the birds bath etc tomorrow, they are using a puddle at the moment

Mushrooms for tea tomorrow, 3 each and yes Annie have bacon, eggs and some bread )w(

p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Your onion sets are HUGE!!! Mine are only about that size fully grown! {rofwl}

Looking good though )t'
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
perchy

Post by perchy »

p.penn wrote:Your onion sets are HUGE!!! Mine are only about that size fully grown! {rofwl}

Looking good though )t'

{hug}
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Well done, Perchy. Your soil looks wonderful. Our onion sets are about the same stage as yours.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Spreckly wrote:Well done, Perchy. Your soil looks wonderful. Our onion sets are about the same stage as yours.

Thank you {hug} the soil has had alot of "compost" of the chicken kind )w(