Impossible diary 2012

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
impossible5072
Learner Laner

Impossible diary 2012

Post by impossible5072 »

Here we go
I have sorted my seeds out decided what will and wont be going in the garden this year, I didnt like the return I got on my potatoes and they are cheap as chips from the farm so no tats. I do not like turnip so that's not happening, but in replacement of the tats I am going to try a couple of giant pumpkin, I did grow spaghetti squash quite successfully last year. I am going to grow leeks instead of turnips. and double the numbers of peas I simply didn't get enough and they were lovely. I grew 4 types of toms only 3 came up.
So I am ordering more seeds, off premier seeds off ebay have found them very cheap and very good all their seeds work and they are defra registered or whatever it is. I grew loads of gherkins last year and we pickled them and they were nice but too many so no gherkins and no chillis this year my freezer is full of chillis.
I want more cucumbers this year, and a better crop of parsnips, I love purple carrots so lots of those will be staggered in. Anyway will probably have some seeds to share if anyone is interested will list them when I get them.

On the chicken front have my first pair of chucks, and building my own coop, we shall see what happens.
paddy graham
Legendary Laner

Re: Impossible diary 2012

Post by paddy graham »

You are right,spuds are cheap enough,but what chemicals are being put on the land?Even if you dont grow a big lot,a few old tubs bins etc will give you some really tasty new salad taters,but we all grow what we like to eat.I love any green veg,runner beans etc,and though I hate frozen veg that you buy,I do freeze some of my own.Anyway good luck with your patch.
When Irish eyes are smiling,they are usually up to mischief.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Sounds good, Impossible. Yes, I can get potatoes cheap but I like growing a few, here and there...I grew some by accident last year! :-D
impossible5072
Learner Laner

Post by impossible5072 »

Have had my new delivery of seeds I had run out of and have some spare peas/ beans if any one is interested I have put them on allotment uk too so will split them between peeps if any one wants them I have 200 peas and about 100 beans climbing french chicken coop comes this weekend so will get my greenhouse back and can get my seedlings underway. Am running late but we are having bad frosts at the mo.