Scooby's 2012 Diary

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Scooby's 2012 Diary

Post by Benny&Co »

You're doing really well there Scoobs and your spuddies look fab :-D

You'll soon see things growing and thriving I'm sure )t'

Here to give you a little idea, it's my 2011 diary. It was my first year last year of growing lots of things I'd never tried to grow before :-D
http://www.downthelane.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25441
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Scooby88
Longlasting Laner

Post by Scooby88 »

Thank you Bev, that was really useful. I can see how my plants will finally turn out (fingers crossed.) I have noticed new leaves on my runner beans and sunflowers which is good. My toms still look realy tiny but hopefully theyll have a growth spurt soon. When shall I start feeding the veg plants? And what shall I use?

Thanks again Bev xxx
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Hey no worries Scoobs, we're all here together to help each other :-D

About the feed, I'll need to be reminded as to when we should start feeding the plants and I just use tomato feed :-D

I'm sure one of the other Laners will know when )t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Scooby88
Longlasting Laner

Post by Scooby88 »

Update

I have no phone so cant upload pics. My spuds have been demolished by the chickens... They were looking fab until I made the mistake of leaving the bags out of the greenhouse and the chickens free ranging, now all I have is green stalks with no leaves...

Everything else is doing ok and my raised bedding is in the process of being built. We have decided to have it brick built rather than railway sleepers to keep costs down. Hoepfully this will be done in the next couple of weeks.
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

Oops, chickens don't realize how much time and effort you put in to growing spuds, or how much better they taste when you make too much mash!
I wouldn't worry too much about the potatoes, I'm sure they'll soon put up some more sprouts.
I think you asked earlier about feeding, tomatoes I feed when they flower, using something like Tomorite or shops own, same with most veg.
Good luck, you have got off to a great start, now all we need is some Summer!
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
Scooby88
Longlasting Laner

Post by Scooby88 »

Update in pics

Spuds in bags, only have 1 bag left as the chickens ate the rest.

Lettuce, in hanging baskets away from the chickens

Marigolds
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

Hi, Scooby. What kind of lettuce is the brownish orange ones?
Scooby88
Longlasting Laner

Post by Scooby88 »

Hi, I haven't a clue! haha I got some seed packets that said 'mixed lettuce' and that was what grew. :)