boodles garden diary 2013

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

boodles garden diary 2013

Post by mrs boodles »

Been itching to put that title up, this is going to be the incentive to get things DONE, there is so much to do in the garden veg and flower wise but I am up for it and have already decided on what seeds I am getting. Really I will be ripping the garden apart and starting again. Hope to put some photos up over next week or so, warn you, its a complete mess. Its not a big garden, in fact, smaller than the proverbial pocket handkerchief but am hoping it will look ok and be productive come summer.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: boodles garden diary 2013

Post by mrs boodles »

Oh law, mega boo boo, just seen what I have typed for date, what a prat I am, can you change it to right date Richard, or can one of the mods do it. I just can`t believe I have done that, got too excited. :oops:
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

All done )t'
Dom
Ali Woks My World
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Dom , you are a star, many thanks.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Love the enthusiasm and determination in your opening post regards getting to grips with this years veg and flower season Mrs Boodles, you go for it )t' )t' )t' look forward to seeing the pics of your veg/flower plot through out the season.
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

This is part of my little garden that has been turned over for veg a few years ago,
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

This is the other side, it all looks horrid and not very proud of it but hoping with putting the work in it will look quite different later on in the year.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I should think nearly everybody's gardens are looking pretty horrible at the moment Mrs Boodles at least you can see a plan in yours - roll on the Spring and hopefully some dry and mild weather
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

The earth here has been covered with weed suppressant and later we are making it into a seating area and hopefully have containers with flowers there.
little brown hen
Legendary Laner

Post by little brown hen »

Its looks nice and clear and ready to go. )t' and its very important to have a seated area to survey your domain and watch the plants grow. :-D
Mum to Sox and Boo,and hens, Bramble,
Belle,Bourbon,Holly,Ivy, May and June
RIP Daisy my cat,and Spice, Clara, Alice, Biscuit, Cookie Clarice and Henrietta. Over rainbow bridge, but never forgotten.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Looks like that will make a lovely area for a nice cuppa and a siesta Mrs Boods :-D and the rest looks nice and clear and ready to go {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Well, seeds ordered, still got a few to get, could`nt resist ordering spaghetti squash, grew them on the allotment and it was yummy. also got painted lady beans, 3types of tomatoes (could have ordered a lot more as like the tomatoes) borlotti beans, climbing green beans, patty pan squash and radishes, might be some more but can`t remember. Hubby is going to get chillies and peppers and want to try and see if I can be more successful with herbs. Will get a few more packets of seeds from the big garden centre if I can see what I want.
Roll on a bit of drier weather.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

My seeds came today and as its nice and sunny but cold I had an hour in the garden. We have a lavateria which has just overtaken the place, it is pretty but made the decision it has to go so have been taking off branches and hope hubby will get the stump sawn off. if its nice again tomorrow I will get out there again, its going to be little and often on doing things out there.
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Looking forward to following your diary Mrs b. I'm going to try a couple of veg in pots, no clue about gardening really!
Julie x
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Gosh, does`nt a bit of bright sky make a difference to how you feel. Been out in garden and finished cutting the lavateria down and also started to cut back ivy that is blocking out a lot of sun. Hubby put up to bird boxes up yesterday so would be lovely if some took up residence there.
Have to do a little bit each day so hope this nice weather lasts for a few days and I can see a difference cos that is just the thing to encourage doing a bit more.