HappyBobs 2013 Dairy

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Re: HappyBobs 2013 Dairy

Post by HappyBob »

boosmummy wrote:your plot is my dream happy bob, its so tidy and structured. do you not fancy a day up in lancashire to help me with mine?? xx

Dont think I,ve been in Lancashire for 20 years Boosmummy, but if ever I get to your neck of the woods in the next twenty I,ll gladly bring me spade and rake and gave you a drag out with your plot :-D :-D
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Today I intended to build a new greenhouse door in place of the one that was stolen. Well guess what? one of the plot holders found all the doors that had been stolen over the weekend. They were hidden on a site adjacent to our site and were found by a fellow plotholder while out walking his dog.

So after I picked my door out of the pile,I installed and reglazed it. I laid some pavers inside the G/H and a few outside that I had spare, and put up a temp bench to accommodate seedlings etc. I also took the opportunity to repair the covers of my coldframe, I was given some polycarb so they should last a long time. I,ll try to put a few pics during the week.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Started my double digging, managed half a bed (30ft * 4ft beds) before I got bored, will finish it off tomorow. I do three beds every year.

One of lady plot holders who got her greenhouse door pinched last week and never got it back (she also had two panes of glass smashed), arrived at the site last Sunday and was quite angry she was also fretting that the wind may do more damage.

So I did my knight in shining armour bit and made her a new door and fitted it, also put two new panes of glass in for her that I had spare. It should be a nice suprise for her the next time she visits her plot. :-D :-D
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

That was really nice of you Bob. It must be so horrible when stuff gets stolen or damaged as so much work and love must go into allotments.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

p.penn wrote:That was really nice of you Bob. It must be so horrible when stuff gets stolen or damaged as so much work and love must go into allotments.

Thanks Helen, it only took a few hours so no biggy really. As you say it is annoying when things like stealing and vandlism happen.. {mr.angry}
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Today just managed to get the other half of my bed dug before the rain set in.Spent the rest of the afternoon in the greenhouse sorting all my pots, seed trays and modules out, giving them a brush out and a quick dip in Jeyes.
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

You are a true gent Bob fixing the lady's greenhouse )b(
[center][/center]Davina
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Weather was a little too wet to do anything today. All I could do was heel in a couple of apple tree,s I bought on sale at Wilco.s, untill the weather improves to plant them out properly. I really do hope we are not going to have a repeat of last years wet weather }hairout{
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

We have problems with vandalism on allotements in the erea Bob ,its one of the things that put me off getting one ,getting a bit long in the tooth now so find garden plenty big enough for me now.

You certainly look well organised on your plot .

There is a hint weather could improve from the 31st March ,certainly hope so and hope it is long term,so cold hear at the moment >shrug<
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Vandlism has always existed on allotments I think Bill espeicially on urbun sites, but its still a far away problem that would make me give up my plots. Its the weather thats my biggest problem upto now, like gardeners up and down the country we just dont know what its going to do next, the poor farmers must be going through the mill at the moment.

I hope the weather does inprove Bill, I looked at last years diary and I had planted my 1st and 2nd earlies on the 23rd of this month last year. I would imagine we are a good 2/3 weeks behind from last year, I just hope we dont get the rain we did last year.

Anyway its looking like another week of twiddling thumbs, and not being able to play out :-D
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

One hear Bob same as mine got lots with it ,needs a battery but not expensive on fleabay £50 +pp

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SS:GB:1123"

I expect you will find lots on there i just couldnt wait to bid so went for a buy it now . >gl<
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SS:GB:1123
Another there looks even better at £45.

But have a good look around . )t'

HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Cheers Bill I,ll have a butchers.. )t'
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Afternoon Bob

Are you still looking through ebay or did you find anything camera wise.Was thinking when you said about what you payed for one several years ago ,i remember buying an x rental phillips from Vision hire ,great old big thing took full size vhs cassets ,think i payed about £750 for that ,wass a cracking machine though. :-D

HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

billnorfolk wrote:Afternoon Bob

Are you still looking through ebay or did you find anything camera wise.Was thinking when you said about what you payed for one several years ago ,i remember buying an x rental phillips from Vision hire ,great old big thing took full size vhs cassets ,think i payed about £750 for that ,wass a cracking machine though. :-D

I started looking at camcorders Bill but then my attention slowly drifted as it usually does to Home recording equipment and i ended up buying a vintage microphone that was rather cheap after convincing myself that I really do need it .ang. {rofwl}
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

HappyBob wrote:
billnorfolk wrote:Afternoon Bob

Are you still looking through ebay or did you find anything camera wise.Was thinking when you said about what you payed for one several years ago ,i remember buying an x rental phillips from Vision hire ,great old big thing took full size vhs cassets ,think i payed about £750 for that ,wass a cracking machine though.

I started looking at camcorders Bill but then my attention slowly drifted as it usually does to Home recording equipment and i ended up buying a vintage microphone that was rather cheap after convincing myself that I really do need it .ang. {rofwl}

You are as bad as me Bob once i get on there,got a shed full of stuff i realy needed )t' its just some i havent got around to useing yet >dum<or so i try to convince the wife {rofwl}