HappyBobs 2013 Dairy

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Re: HappyBobs 2013 Dairy

Post by Linda S »

Ther you are Bob, if ever you decide to do a chicken keeping diary Angela has it already tittled for you Happy Bobs Hot Chicks sound sizzlin to me :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

They look very happy Bob,hope no fighting yet ,mine were ok till i decided to add a couple more then war was declared +pirate+ yike*
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

billnorfolk wrote:They look very happy Bob,hope no fighting yet ,mine were ok till i decided to add a couple more then war was declared +pirate+ yike*

The Younger Point-of-Lay hybrids were under attack the first few days Bill, and were not allowed in the coop, but each day they seem more relaxed as the pecking order is progressing. The blummin problem is Bill is tha I dont get as much on the garden as I find myself chicken watching. :-D
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

On the gardening front my three greenhouses have had their sowing benches removed and and two of them have been planted up with, Tomato,s, sweet peppers, chilli peppers, melons, cucumber, cape gooseberries, aubergine, and basil, The third will be planted up today with a few more toms and a bit more basil, chilli peppers I have spare.

Also got a dozen self blanching celery planted out, and a couple of PSB plants in one of the brassica beds.

I do a few flowers as well for the Mrs, I got 20 chrysanths planted out and due to the severe frosts I lost the half dozen or so Dahlias I wintered in the greenhouse so had to buy some more from Wilki,s which I got for ten bob apeice instead of £1.75 they wee originally asking, as they have stopped selling them and the remaining stock were in the bargain basket, so that was rather pleasing. they are now potted up, and will go out when i see a little growth action )t'
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

HappyBob wrote:
billnorfolk wrote:They look very happy Bob,hope no fighting yet ,mine were ok till i decided to add a couple more then war was declared +pirate+ yike*

The Younger Point-of-Lay hybrids were under attack the first few days Bill, and were not allowed in the coop, but each day they seem more relaxed as the pecking order is progressing. The blummin problem is Bill is tha I dont get as much on the garden as I find myself chicken watching. :-D

Arrh many a happy hour you have in front of you watching the girls, when you're digging you'll get plenty of help )t'
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Most of my planting out has been done now, just pricked out some celeriac which will go in vacant ground as the new potatoes come out (which they are now and lovely they are) just odds and sods to sow, some more carrots, Kohl Rabi, perpectual spinich raddish and other salad stuff for continuation.

Next week will sow next years Spring Cabbage and winter cauli,s. The weeds have made a grand entrance as all the rain we,ve had of late has worked its magic (not) so a full day will be devoted to weed battle the next hot day we have.

Construction wise managed to get all the post knocked in for the new fence thats going up on the new boundary, and also started making a new outside run that is attached to the chicken shed. The main structure is built and coated in preservative and I,m hoping to make a start installing the new avairy mesh tomorrow (weather permitting) Will put some pics up a little later.
silverback
Legendary Laner

Post by silverback »

HappyBob wrote: Construction wise managed to get all the post knocked in for the new fence thats going up on the new boundary, and also started making a new outside run that is attached to the chicken shed. The main structure is built and coated in preservative and I,m hoping to make a start installing the new avairy mesh tomorrow (weather permitting) Will put some pics up a little later.

Look forward to the pics )t' )t'
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Bout time we had an update Bob, what's going on ? >fi<
Angela
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

I bet hes to busy cuddling them there chickens Angela dont you :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Linda S wrote:I bet hes to busy cuddling them there chickens Angela dont you :-D Lindaxx

I hadn't thought of that :-D
Angela