Bill's 2014 Garden Diary

Members adventures in the Vegetable Patch all year round
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Re: Bill's 2014 Garden Diary

Post by HensAloud »

The magic 12 weeks, seems like all is well after that, I've been told the same !
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Saturday 1/02/2014

After all of last nights rain ,never expected today to be so good,warm sunshine but a freezing wind .
Plan for today was to cut down an apple tree near to where I am planning to put the new chicken coop ,it hadn't produced much for several years ,I have several young trees planted around the garden so will still have a few apples .
Before the event
After
Like to leave them tall make a nice perch to rest on in the summer )w(
A nice heap of logs if anybody wants them )t'

Nearly 8 weeks now for me new hip and cant believe how good it feels ,12 weeks as Angela says should be nearly normal still a bit careful what I do though.
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Who are the perches for your or your new hens......or both {rofwl} I could use those logs, we have a wood burner and a wood stove, I don't think it's viable though somehow ! Glad the new hip is making a difference to your life, there will be no stopping you )t'
Angela
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Sunday 9th February 2014

Certainly no growing weather as yet,cold wet and windy every day }hairout{ ,did manage to clear up in the Polly tunnel.
Managed another small raised bed ,now with 3 small beds will just keep them for carrots,parsnips lettuce and radish.

Bin needing to do something with the water from my old shed roof its been like a lake this should help.
Need a little down pipe now and jobs a good un )t'
Noticed a cheep polly tunnel frame on line, just need to net it now.

billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

HensAloud wrote:Who are the perches for your or your new hens......or both {rofwl} I could use those logs, we have a wood burner and a wood stove, I don't think it's viable though somehow ! Glad the new hip is making a difference to your life, there will be no stopping you )t'

No they for me to have a sat on when i am on me rounds )t' all the logs i have chucked this last few years wish you were nearer.
How you feeling now i am ok hope you tell me the same )t'

HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

billnorfolk wrote:
HensAloud wrote:Who are the perches for your or your new hens......or both {rofwl} I could use those logs, we have a wood burner and a wood stove, I don't think it's viable though somehow ! Glad the new hip is making a difference to your life, there will be no stopping you )t'

No they for me to have a sat on when i am on me rounds )t' all the logs i have chucked this last few years wish you were nearer.
How you feeling now i am ok hope you tell me the same )t'

Nice polytunnel there Bill, everything in your garden looks ready for the off.
I'm glad you're better Bill, I like to keep things interesting and have an abscess under my impacted wisdom tooth needs to come out ASAP, hospital job not looking forward to that I can tell you. :? Kidney space still a bit sore. >dum<
Angela
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Looks like a few hours garden today, sun shining no wind yippee, will report back later )t'

billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Sunday 16th Feb 2014

Was really nice working out in the sun today.Over the last few days I have been putting crushed granite on some more of my grass paths, have done some every year ,less grass to cut )t'
finally finished it today,next job will be getting area sorted for the new coop and run, really looking forward to having a few more hens )c(
Finally lost the fence around my small back garden last week,so had to take out a mortgage for a new one pleased with the results though.

billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Nice polytunnel there Bill, everything in your garden looks ready for the off.
I'm glad you're better Bill, I like to keep things interesting and have an abscess under my impacted wisdom tooth needs to come out ASAP, hospital job not looking forward to that I can tell you. :? Kidney space still a bit sore. >dum<
[/quote][

Tell me some good news Angela,toofy peg gone,kidleys feeling better. Sometimes it feels you get every thing at the same time, think we all need some warm sunshine to cheer us up )t'

HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

You've made good use of a nice day there Bill, I like the gravely paths )t'
Tooth still there,infection gone,waiting for the hospital appointment, kidney space still sore and still feeling fit for nothing }hairout{ it's taking longer than I thought }hairout{
Angela
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Wednesday 19th Feb 2014

Another lovely day today ,managed to get the grass cut or should I say moss cut }hairout{ think its as bad as it has ever been.
Still getting a few Parsnips from the garden about a row and a half left ,any that are left soon will be dug and frozen but will keep in ground as long as possible,not a lot of top but plenty of parsnip below.

Image.
If you are thinking of sowing your tomato seed indoors at the end of the month ,put the compost in the pots or trays you are going to use and bring it indoors now so it can warm up before you sow into it )t'

tortzblue
Lively Laner

Post by tortzblue »

Hi Bill, Love your beautiful well organised veggie garden. I'm very inspired! As a newbie at all this I was wondering where you got your polytunnel frame from, especially as you said it was a good price. It could be just what I'm looking for!
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Hello Bill

You are organised! Only just seen your post asking if I got rid of the weeds in the lawn. Last summer I poured boiling water on each plantain, and managed to kill all the grass off surrounding them. The plantains shrivelled and died, but after a few days, they were sprouting again. They are just starting to come back on the lawn, and I will leave OH to deal with them this time.

All the best for your veggies and hens.
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Bill you shouldn't dislike moss, it's green it covers and it don't need mowing ! {rofwl}
Angela
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

tortzblue wrote:Hi Bill, Love your beautiful well organised veggie garden. I'm very inspired! As a newbie at all this I was wondering where you got your polytunnel frame from, especially as you said it was a good price. It could be just what I'm looking for!

Good morning tortzblue.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polly-Tunnel- ... 3cdcdf39ac

About the cheapest on ebay ,also have a tunnel full size so gives me a spare cover,make an offer of £40 might be lucky ,but should get for £45 >gl<