Menopause.. Grrr

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
TEZ PAZ
Longlasting Laner

Menopause.. Grrr

Post by TEZ PAZ »

Didnt quite know where to post this (or IF i should post this but). Has anyone else had sypmtoms of the menopause other than HOT FLUSHES. These seem to be the least of my problems. They are the only symptom which women seem to talk about. I thort i was going mad until i looked up what symptoms the menopause can produce. I dont think it is talked about enough!
3 kids, one rescue cat, 3 rescue hens and one fantastic husband
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Re: Menopause.. Grrr

Post by kate egg »

I don't know if its the menopause or cos I am overweight - but I am always too hot. For a couple of years now I have been suffering and struggling to feel comfortable when the rest of the household is cold and I am too hot :?

Not really having any other symptoms so maybe its not that time yet? (I am 49)
wendy

Post by wendy »

You don't have to suffer these anymore.
Have a blood test and if it is actually the menopause you can have HRT.
I have been wearing the patches for 15 years now. A number of reasons. But mainly the job I do I have to be quick sometimes and when I watch my friends the same age as me, I am 65 this year. They are far slower and I feel this is down to the HRT. I feel wellu I feel great. I have had the scaremongers what about breast cancer and the like. But I said only two week ago to a consultant. If he can tell me I was more at risk of dying from these problems than I am getting killed in my car on the way home I would stop. He said I was more at risk in the car.... enough said ! My friends mother took it until she was 86, what a lively lady. I think the patches are better as nothing then goes through your kidneys, it is just absorbed through your skin.
Go for it, you don't have to take it as long as I have, but you do not have to suffer in this day and age.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Glad to hear you get on so well with the patches,it is such a personal choice,i know my mum suffered quite a bit going through the menopause ,so am not expecting to get off lightly myself :oops: Having just supported my best friend through diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer,(she was told by the oncologist,it was an aggressive type caused by HRT :!: )I shall opt to take a natural route myself,Lets hope when the time comes it will do the job )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

i've had problems for past 2 years and finally got my courgage up and spoke to gp and yes my hormones are droping (dispite being 38) so have got myself a lovely coil with hormones and i'm not such a monster!! (ask my family). Also taking muilt vit desgined for menopause.

there is a lot of help out there so if you are having problems ask!
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

I have several friends who have had great sucess with natural vitamin supplements, combined with changes in lifestyle eg reducing caffine, red meat and wine.

It did seem to be a bit hit and miss to get the balance right, and what worked for one person did nothing for another one.

Personally, I would take HRT as and when the time comes. Working and feeing pants is a no-go for me.
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

Hopefully it wont be too bad and HRT will work. I am still on HRT at 62 but in my early 50's when it really hit me HRT didn't work and then I couldn't take it because my blood pressure went up. The flushes were so bad that I nearly blacked out and I had to give up work. I drove 100's miles per week and it was dangerous plus I had to visit (mainly men) in their offices. I would go bright red, water would spurt from my body sticking my blouse to my skin, not nice. I also couldn't think straight. For two years it was so bad I still say I lost 2 years of my life. I put on tons of weight and after having a bug and living on flat lemonade for two weeks hadn't lost an ounze! I felt like it was a foreign body inside trying to get out that was on fire. I was also wanted to cry a lot! It was horrible. If my OH came within 2 feet of me I would break out in a sweat but not for the right reasons.
Apart from having night sweats as well as day sweats I would wake up and want to run in a blind panic!
I was one of those people who thought 'morning sickness' was a little bit of sick in the morning lasting for a few weeks. I puked for 7 months boths times.
When it came to the menopause, again I thought I would be 'warm' for a few months.
I do think women should know what it's all about. I think mine was quite bad but it didn't help that a local man blamed the menopause for his wife's suicide.
I had a couple of lady doctors who were very helpful and really tried to help.
BUT of all my friends I am the one who had it worse, most could manage the symptoms with help so look on the bright side, you will come through. Eat healthy but don't do without the odd treat. Good luck
TEZ PAZ
Longlasting Laner

Post by TEZ PAZ »

forgive me if this post is repicated. I sent a post a couple of hours ago and it doesnt seem to have appeared.
I helped my best friend through breast cancer treatment caused by HRT and dont feel i want to go down that route.
I first knew something was wrong when one day i was stood in a queue in the bank and all of a sudden i felt the urge to run out yike* . I spent the next 5 mins talking to myself in my head telling myself i was being stupid. Thats when i thought i was ready for the men in white coats to come and take me away. I also have anxious feelings about doing things that i would normally do without a second thought. and sometimes just feeling anxious all day for no reason.
The most worrying thing about it was not knowing what was happening (ie symptoms of menopause) and feeling as if i needed pschiatric help!! I wish women would talk about thier symptoms more
ive tried evening primrose oil and soya milk, these are supposed to help but have had little effect on me.
Bollybarb what is the coil you talked about and what are the side-effects?
3 kids, one rescue cat, 3 rescue hens and one fantastic husband
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

i'm have the mirena coil side effects are weight gain depression ect.
i've just googled it are there are lots of forums discussing this some have good experiances and others bad (but that life isn't it). I'm happy with mine and a year before its due to be changed i need a blood test to check hormone levels, and i might keep it and add patches or have it changed.

Life for me is better (but i have no memory....)
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I had a mirena coil fitted about two years ago due to horrendous times of the month, that went on for two weeks each month :shock: Since then I went through a really bad emotional patch and was put on anti-anxiety meds - I am now wondering if the coil caused my anxiety attacks????

How long should they be in before you need checking over?

I have to say I am about 2 - 3 stone overweight, I had just lost weight before I had it fitted and gained it back plus a stone :?
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well girls you have to weigh up risks and benefits and make a decision.
I feel really good, I am fit and healthy 65 year old. I do not make the family's life a misery and I can control my weight. I have more energy in my little finger than all of my friends who aren't on HRT and I haven't suffered the terrible sweats. The reason I went on it was my daughter asked me if I was going to, before I even needed to. I told her probably and she said, she was a sister in Ninewells Hospital at the time, I have see too many old ladies die of broken hips. I don't want that to happen to you.
My sister has had a masectomy and has never been on HRT. So it happens.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I've never known a woman who has had problems with this. Maybe they don't divulge, but I haven't noticed any mood swings or other things.

It seems that women speak about it a lot more freely nowadays, which is good. After all, it's part of life isn't it.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I am definitely going crazy. But I don't think anyone will notice the difference. :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

palpatations ans weird dreams just before dropping off to sleep :oops:

stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

I've had a mirena coil for 11 years, it is the best thing ever invented for women, I haven't had any periods in that time and had no weight gain, depression or anything else! I just had another one put in two days ago and was gobsmacked when the doctor said it would be my last one; that when it is due to come out in 5 years I should have had the menopause. What!!! I thought that was something from mid 50's to early 60's, but it seems that the average age is 51 (I'm 47 now) :shock:
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker