beware the dental hygienist

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

beware the dental hygienist

Post by lancashire lass »

DENTISTS : sile}
Went this morning to the hygienist, and now I've got a throbbing jaw, gums are swollen and my teeth ache, not to mention the tip of my tongue getting raw where I keep pushing it against my bottom teeth. She wasn't my usual hygienist, but it'll be the last time I see her! I think she went digging for diamonds in my mouth. They were perfectly fine before I went :!:
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Oh fab, & I bet they took you to the cleaners for that service too, you poor ole thing :cry:
Can you not put in a complaint?
Cheers
mel x
wendy

Post by wendy »

Spencer [OH] has just got back.
He says how marvellous our dentist is. Luck of the draw methinks.
Poor you
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

I have to go again on Friday to get a filling replaced :cry: and also make a 6 monthly appointment for check up & clean. I'm definitely going to insist on my usual hygienist this time!

It took me a long time to get up the courage to go to a dentist in the first place (my mother was too terrified to take her children when we were younger. Apparently I have been told by my dentist that this probably saved my teeth as people my age had a lot of unnecessary work done when they were kids!) but 3 years ago the practice went private. I am a big baby when it comes to dentists so I don't have the confidence to find another one, but I can't afford the monthly payment plan they have either.

Work is therefore paid on the day - having my mouth rearranged by a hygienist for £35 did seem a bit steep to me! However, it has so far been cheaper than the payment plan, that is, UNTIL I need a lot of fillings or worse done! Hopefully by then I'll have won the lottery :-D
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

By the way - did they find any diamonds )c(

When I had all my teeth, only seven years ago, I saw a Hygenist who said they were in good shape. After that she passed me on to the Dentist, who took a couple out.

Now..................................

You know the rest, so you're right - BEWARE !!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
TassieDev
Longlasting Laner

Post by TassieDev »

Geees I haven't been to the dentist for at least 5 years maybe more. I thought that was pretty bad, but I am beginning to think I should stay away!!!!!
My OH went to the dentist I used to go to a couple of times and from memory all he had done was have a wisdom tooth removed. She said something about him having really strong teeth. That made sense, as I couldn't believe he didnt need any fillings considering how terribly he looks after them!!!
He went to a different dentist for a check up a few years later and had to have quite a few fillings done. Was NOT cheap. From memory he also had quite a sore mouth after the cleaning too. That was maybe a couple of years ago.
Ever since then he's had quite a bit of trouble with mouth pain!!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!