Belly Dancing book/video recommendations

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Tania
Lively Laner

Post by Tania »

Wow! Lovely costume and lovely you :-D I'm sitting here in my old trousers and lumberjack shirt - early morning chicken keeper gear and feeling really dowdy Image
See my chickens HERE!!
New pictures, ex-batts added 4/11/07
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Like the pic tania.
Seahorse you look fab (f+
I dind't have a picture in my head of what you looked like, but it wouldn't have been like that, as I'm always way wrong :oops:
Cheers
mel x
chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

What a lovely costume! and a pretty owner! I've seen some costumes all 'blinged up' - lots of gold chain type things. Is that just in certain countries; say Turkey?
My dances are the 'mind the chucks under your feet' and the very special 'turning the compost with lots of chucks on top of it' . Very special gear needed for that... oh and the 'running madly for the bus'. That one keeps me very fit...
Chucky Egg
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

There are different types of belly dance, its just tribal stuff really from middle east, turkey, iran, morroco, egypt etc. They all have their own styles and costume. Of course the muslim countries dont like it much and the girls cover up. Personally I like the gaudy, jingly, floaty stuff. The Turkish style is more up beat and a good work out for muscles you didnt know you had!!. I'm off tonight for a class...mmm not sure which outfit to wear, so I'd better get my skates on )old( (f+
Looove chucks!
chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

You learn something new everyday. They certainly are beautiful costumes. Very feminine, all that gauzy material swirling round. Very sensual.
By the time I get home most of the classes have finished near me. For everything!!

Wendy (Chucky Egg)
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

Hi chucky egg, shame there isnt a class near you! I think I was a magpie in a past life, (like bright shiney stuff). It's nice to go out wearing silly outfits, dancing wildly shaking your bits with like minded folks (f+ or nutters as the case may be!!! :shock:
Looove chucks!
Emma
Lively Laner

Post by Emma »

Wow Seahorse, check you out! envy}}

I'm in Derby, and don't have a car so can't travel, but I'll keep looking.

And it's such an encouragement to hear how you've enjoyed the classes. I'll certainly check out the video sites.

:)
Thank you
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

Most of my outfits are from charity shops. In Loughborough there was a large asian population so the shops always had saris and harem pants. I would get out the sewing machine and run up something. Looove browsing charity shops (f+ . Not many over here though, and hardly any asian people, so I wont be expanding the costume collection much.
I hope you can find something ontinternet to help you. (f+
Looove chucks!
Yorkie
Lively Laner

Post by Yorkie »

So why did I have ointment on my mind?
The mind blogles!

)ro(
6 Birds, 5 Pussies and a Wife!!!