New to this!

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Suechef
Learner Laner

New to this!

Post by Suechef »

I'm new to chicken keeping and the joys of pallets! Our ex-bat chickens (Fannie, Lettie and Olive) arrived at the beginning of July, so our garden needed to be made a safe place for them. We've made a temporary (supposed to be temporary, but I suspect will remain in place...) fence, and had a couple of pallets left so put them together as a make shift compost area. Not pretty, but both do the job! The pallets came from work - where I discovered that they normally have to pay to have them taken away!
Loving this site, it's been my main source of information on all things chicken related. :-D
Attachments
IMG_1565.JPG
IMG_1565.JPG (106.68 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1563.JPG (91.59 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
madmum
Legendary Laner

Re: New to this!

Post by madmum »

I'll bet the chooks will be in the compost before long )j; Looks great,you would think with an engineer for a husband i would get all manner of useful things from the sites he visits )t' Trouble is he is never there when the skip is )gr:
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
silky
Longlasting Laner

Post by silky »

Nice large plot there, so the girls will love it.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

well done )t'

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
mothernature
Lively Laner

Post by mothernature »

Fantastic! Well done!

We were just having this discussion too that it may be a good idea to put the compost down near the chickens as they would eat the bugs.
*Mother Nature*
Looks after: 1 husband, 2 sons, 2 cats 1 fish & 1 chicken:
Quidditch - Isa