Our Offering

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
manda

Our Offering

Post by manda »

We got hold of 5 metre pallets so thought we's get on and start doing our raised beds...we're planning on making 5 to fit in our veggie patch - they are 10 metres long and about 1.5 metres wide so there will be lots of room for veggies and our spring is rapidly approaching :-D
ImageImage
This is how they start off but we thought it looked a bit deep (as we'd have to fill it!!) so chopped it in half..
Image so now we have two for the price of one!!
Next ones we will take the middle four slats out and cut in half that way - they have ready made posts too.

Hubby is now building a pig hut using pallet timber (pics coming soon :-D). Great idea Richard it got us thinking and got us to get our butts into gear )t'
Manda
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Re: Our Offering

Post by Meanqueen »

Looking good, Manda. Is that a spirit level I see? Your pallets look more solid than some of our flimsy things.

Ilona
)t'
manda

Post by manda »

Yep hubby is a bit of a perfectionist (unlike me who would have all sorts going on there!!)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
yorkielass
Lively Laner

Post by yorkielass »

They look great! :-D
Anne
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

5 meter pallets, my word, they do things big in New Zealand - lucky you, wish I could get some, build a house !

A very tidy job there Manda )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
manda

Post by manda »

Richard said: A very tidy job there Manda

Umm more like " Good job at helping the very able hubby there Manda" :oops: .....Although I am good with a shovel when it comes to filling stuff up (still glad we chopped them to half the height though :-D ).
Manda
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

Richard wrote:5 meter pallets, my word, they do things big in New Zealand - lucky you, wish I could get some, build a house !

A very tidy job there Manda )t' )t'

Yes those pallets are fantastic. I wonder if you can get them here aswell. I could really do with some of those.
The beds look brillant Manda! I hope you'll post us some pics when the veggie's are growing )t'
Slave to 3 children, 1 Greyhound, 1 Cat, 4 rescued hens and a very patient hubby x
R.I.P: Ellie, Phoebe, Tikka

Freshstart for hens collection point Aylesbury, Bucks
manda

Post by manda »

Will do...then get ready all you gardener's out there...me thinks I will be visiting the veggie section A LOT!! :-D
Manda
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda