Breakfast Recipe's

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Breakfast Recipe's

Post by Richard »

Thought I'd start off - here's mine....

Take two slices of bread from Bread Bin
Place in Electric Toaster
Take Margerine (or Butter) from Fridge & open
Take jar of Marmalade from Larder
Remove Bread from Toaster when popped up & place on plate
Spread sufficient amount of Margarine / Butter to melt squelchingly on Toast
Apply 1 - 2 spoonfuls of Marmalade evenly on top
Cut each slice in two and serve with freshly made Tea or Coffee
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Fill,plug in and turn on kettle.
Slice, and butter bread, add jam.
Make tea.
Switch on laptop.
Pour tea.
Eat breakfast down the lane.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

But before any of that, feed hens, clean nest box, feed Pat the Cat.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Let chickens out, clean and feed parrots and walk dogs for an hour.
Make tea and a bowl of cornflakes.
Same every day. How boring. But I get the fresh air before anyone else has used it.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
b_cos_1_can

Post by b_cos_1_can »

what a ninny i am!

i actually clicked on this topic expecting a lush receipie for my mornings, only to be met with this barrel of laughs!

what was i thinking!! :-D
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Breakfast Recipe's

Post by AnnaB »

I wondered as well Kat. I have two cups of tea and 2 of those thingies that are banned in July. I have porridge (make too much and the girls get a treat) everyday with honey and a banana. Very boring but very nutritious
Jodi
Lively Laner

Post by Jodi »

Breakfast.....what's that?

Wrestle 2 dogs off the bed so I can get out.
Trip over "Kat" the cat wailing for her munchies.
Argue with 3yo - no you can't have icecream at this hour of the morning - plonk toast down and hope for the best.
Kettle on, grab one of those evil "thingies banned on July 1"
Wack thongs on (the type you put on your feet!)
Out the door in dressing gown, thongs, "thingy" dangling out of my gob( its a glamorous life) - let the chooks out, morning cuddle for the goats.
Argue again with 3yo - what on earth are you wearing and NO, you're not having a bowl of icecream!
Do drawings, cutting and pasting, sing, dance, read books, play hide and seek - or whatever will distract 3yo from arguing about bloody icecream.
HAVE LUNCH!!!!

Cheers
Jodi
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Breakfast Recipe's

Post by AnnaB »

Hi Jodi
Well I nearly deleted your post......wondered where it was going then ended up laughing (if he hears me will think I've finally flipped)
I never used to have breakfast - it is a luxury when you retire, used to forget to eat, went on shift and about 5pm would feel strange it would then occur to me I had had nothing to eat that day.
It does get better as the little ones gets older or have I got my rose coloured glasses on again?
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

I agree AnnaB:

I get up as late as possible, sprint outside and change the chickens water.
Shower as quickly as possible and then jump in my car and smoke a thingy which is banned in July
Get to work and eat some grapes at my desk

I can't eat for about an hour after waking up, and I'm certainly not getting up any earlier just to have breakfast!!!!!!

Maybe when I retire Richard........bliss!
Small steps lead to big changes
fenlander
Lively Laner

Post by fenlander »

get up dodge scamp trying to get out the bedroom door before me, i dont know why he bothers its not like he can open the door himself, let out the quail and feed them go indoors and make coffee. I interview people for a large well known supermarket who gobbled up another about 4 years ago so i think about what i am going to be faced with for the day and make another cup of coffee to steady my nerves as i gave up smoking 19 mths ago and havent yet found a sustitute to give me that hit but believe me i,m still looking.
melons
Legendary Laner

way too early

Post by melons »

6.20.....alarm goes...moan, do girlie jobs i.e cleanse face & mascara on, 2 mins max.
Hair in a bobble. Kettle on, feed kitty, brush teeth, fill coffee pot, do girls water nosh etc, let them out in their run, check girls again & have a 5 minute chat while drinking coffee :wink:
Drive 27 miles at break neck speed to get to work to eat about 6 miniscule nuggets of museli! do teeth again.
Job done & it's only 7.45 am. Moan all day about wanting to go home, leave on the dot or earlier, another land speed record attempt, argh back were I belong.....home :-D
Cheers
mel x
seahorse
Legendary Laner

brekky

Post by seahorse »

Get woken by miss kitty at 6.30. Ignore her til 7. get up, bathroom, dress for work, descend two flights of stairs with kitty weaving around feet. Feed kitty then attempt to make coffee and sarnies for pack up. Check messages, leave for work at 8.40. ten minutes later arrive at lezayre and find chicken. Feed him, give him a cuddle, feed doves then pick a few cherries from the tree for my brekky. start days work (housekeeper) (f+ Annie
Looove chucks!