Really poncey chicken houses.

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

For when retail therapy of the worst kind takes hold, or the menopause.

http://www.hen-house.co.uk/index.html

I brought the Henlet.
Cheers
mel x

Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

You mean you didn't get the one with a turret "Styled on a Victorian boat house with a shingle roof. " How could you resist?
melons
Legendary Laner

hen house

Post by melons »

OH nearly had a coronary, I feel really guilty, so I'm selling bits & stuff to pay back the pennies into the holiday fund...woops.
The girls look completely bonkers in their bedroom, they look like are sitting on a bus when they're in bed.
Cheers
mel x
wendy

Post by wendy »

Ha ha.
How posh are they.
At the weekend we bought a new hen house for our girls, as we will be getting two more soon. My little house is very comfy for 4 birds but we felt it was a bit TOO comfy for 6.
We bought a wheelie bin shed. It has doors at the front and the top opens as well. So it will be so much easier to clean. As it is plastic, like the eglu, I will also be able to hose it out and hopefully the dreaded red mite won't be the problem they were last year. It cost us £89.28 which isn't bad compared to other hen houses.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Post by AnnaB »

Melons
They are so expensive - our coop cost about £50 (all new sterling board) to make and will hold 6 girls comfortably. The run which is 2/3rds covered and 8x30x6ft cost about £700 to make, it is everything proof (except people)
Emmamoo
Lively Laner

Post by Emmamoo »

Coo check those out! I do like the holbrook, thats pretty fancy and spacious. Oh to marry a rich man who can buy my hens a mansion *sigh* :-D

Has anyone named their chicken houses?
****Emma****

...Ever the optimist!
melons
Legendary Laner

Ma hen house

Post by melons »

yep it was expensive, but hey ho, i'm 40 on monday, it's from me to me! We've had such a duff few years of ill luck, I wanted something nice for a change, it was toss up between that & the Eglu cube. It's soo easy to clean & get in & out of, it's made to a very high spec, the couple who run the Hen House Garden company were so sweet & have done a top notch job.
I wanted something to look nice in the garden too, I think we've managed that!
Please don't think for a minute that we're minted, we're not! :oops: This is instead of a summer hol's too, luckily my OH is a saint.
Cheers
mel x
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Post by AnnaB »

Emmamoo
You don't need a millionaire just someone who is a good all-round handyman. You can get loads of free stuff from skip and the like - in the past I have loaded the car with pallets, other times empty containers that were used for wholesale sauces to use as water butts.
I saw someone on the web that had used pallets to make a coop and run, it was quite a work of art.
My latest good find was a company that sold copper. Contacted them and got 40x3inch copper strip as a sample. (used as slug repellent and it works I've got hostas this year)
Jodi
Lively Laner

Post by Jodi »

Well, if I ever move house - I'll be checking out how much it would cost to have the victorian mansion shipped over!! :wink:

(Happy 40th Mel..........I always thought I'd treat myself to a facelift at 40, but now that I'm almost there, a luxury chook shed makes so much more sense!!!!!)

cheers
Jodi
melons
Legendary Laner

Chookie shed

Post by melons »

If all else fails, the girls love it too, they even go to bed earlier now, which is handy if your off out to the pub!
I've already booked my day in bed with a headache after my birthday.
My face is, & will be well beyond a face lift, I'd need some sort of industrial crane, then there'd be plenty of spare stuff left over, it wouldn't tuck behind my ears.
Now theres a nice image :-D
Cheers
mel x
b_cos_1_can

Post by b_cos_1_can »

:shock: :-D just picked myself up off the floor again :-D :-D
Jodi
Lively Laner

Post by Jodi »

Yep, I hear ya Mel!!!!