Very upset about creme eggs

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
rachell24
Lively Laner

Very upset about creme eggs

Post by rachell24 »

just read the BHWT latest bulletin and am gutted about the cadbury cream egg piece. Especially as Ive got one right in front of me.......................to eat or not to eat............It will be my last one whatever.

I LOVED CREME EGGS.

boo hoo

)de: )de: )de:

God, I hope that dosnt apply to ALL chocolate. Oh no!
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

VERY UPSET

Post by AnnaB »

Hi rachell24

Here's the link to what you posted about:

http://www.bhwt.org.uk/creme-eggs.php

I only eat fair trade chocolate as I cannot bear to think that children have been sprayed with pesticides for my 'pleasure'
The reasoning is that pesticides are used on the plantations and the families live on the plantations......
rachell24
Lively Laner

Post by rachell24 »

Ive just signed the petition, lets hope it does some good.

Im going to send it to everyone I know and they will think, god shes at it again, first the eggs, then the milk now Cadbury creme eggs. LOL

DONT CARE
wendy

Post by wendy »

Signed. I will cross post as well.
Fortunately I don't like them
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

I nearly bought one the other day - thank god I didn't!!! Signed...
Small steps lead to big changes
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Just about everything has battery eggs or not 'fair trade' ingredients.
Help!
rachell24
Lively Laner

Post by rachell24 »

I know, Ive jsut been doing my shopping (online because Im very lazy) and thought, mmh Ill have some lemon curd, then thought, hang on theres eggs in that.

So looked at the organic which was Duchy and it was 2.75 compared to the regular shop brand at 43p :shock:

This is what gets me mad about our food and how much more expensive it is to eat better quality food. I dont mind paying a bit more, but cant justify 2.75 for some lemon curd so thats off the shopping list.

I know Duchy is more expensive that other organic/fairtrade but there wasnt anything else to choose. Dosnt the prince have enough money, greedy guts!
New to all this
Lively Laner

Post by New to all this »

rachell - have you tried M & S - their lemon curd is gorg!!! Can't remember how much it is though?!
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Have signed petition. I liked Cadbury's cream eggs as well :cry:
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I've only to look at a Creme Egg and it's mega migraine time.

However, don't like them anyway!

Thing is there must be hundreds of things we've eaten quite innocently over the years and not known what lays behind.

Even if we buy a loaf of bread, it'll be 90% sure of having Battery Hen glaze on it.

Very very difficult.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
rachell24
Lively Laner

Post by rachell24 »

Ill just have to make my own ex battery lemon curd.

I emailed cadbury as well following instructions on the BHWT website and I sent them that picture of Bluebelle.

It was a very polite email but I told them I will not and nor will my three children and husband be eating them again until they use free range. Im not usually this much of an eco warrier, its your bad influence Richard. :shock:

I didnt actually expect a reply but did get one saying, I can confirm we use battery eggs and I will pass your email onto the technical department. Hey? What has the technical dept got to do with making the chocolate and I didnt actually ask them to confirm what eggs they use. We all fipping well know.

I hope they were indundated this morning with loads of emails.

and now I cant eat bread. thanks Richard. This website is good for loosing weight. LOL

I have got a bread making machine, now, wheres that instruction book........................ )chu:

Your right though, its very hard, especially on the old wallet!
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

VERY UPSET

Post by AnnaB »

Hi rachell24

There was an article in the weekend papers about making your own bread by hand or machine. They said it is much cheaper than shop bought and also you have control over what is in it. I think they costed it up about 52p which is what I would agree with having used the bread maker now for nearly 4 years.

Check this out for homemade lemon curd - I think you will be able to make it for less than 43p!!

http://gorgeoustown.typepad.com/lex_cul ... emon_.html
rachell24
Lively Laner

Post by rachell24 »

mmh, thanks Anna Im going to try that this week. Whats an immersion blender though??? confused>
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

Oh my god another thing i now cant eat, since before christmas when we first decided to get ex battery hens, i have been sending everyone crazy telling people what they should and shouldnt be eating, and like my husband just said to me (as im mourning creme eggs) unless stated otherwise of course if it contains eggs it wil be from a battery hen

I have bought free range dairy and meat for years now, and even from my childhood with my parents we got our free range eggs from local farm shop and i still do to this day!

I know it sounds stupid but i still bought cream cakes etc! so i have had to stop eating so much after really looking into battery hens and joined the compasion world farming people - sorry cant recall proper title! Because i just cant be a hyporcrate (sorry bad spelling again!)
And also sent emails to tesco and asda re: products from caged birds, so now off to email cadbury!

Lou x
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

p.s co-ops fairtrade chocalate is lovely!
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."