Very upset about creme eggs

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Don't worry, the worse anti-smoking campaigners are the ones who've given it up!!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

VERY UPSET

Post by AnnaB »

Hi rachell24

You've made me laugh!!! I would imagine a stick blender (hand whisk).....they speak so much rubbish over there!!

Anna
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I'm looking forward to opening my Mother's Day present then - co-op fair trade chocolate!
rachell24
Lively Laner

Post by rachell24 »

Richard wrote:Don't worry, the worse anti-smoking campaigners are the ones who've given it up!!

that must be why then as I am one of those..........

Not as bad now as when I first gave up many moons ago, I used to go on at all my friends but have now realised its up to them. But I must admit and Im sure this will make alot of you cross, but it does irritate me when I walk into pubs (which admittedly isnnt very often) or the entrances of places where people are huddled outside and I have to breathe their smoke in as I walk past. There is a woman who does it at our school and she stands in the gate way and its a single gateway and it really bugs me, it takes me all my willpower not to have a pretend cough. )de:
Richard

Post by Richard »

BIG subject !!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
wendy

Post by wendy »

You're right Rachel,
I gave up in 1973 and it was annoying when I went out and people smoked, nearby and it wafted over. But now there is a ban inside, it really gets to me to walk through the smoke. Makes me feel sick and my eyes water. Maybe you get an allergy once you stop.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

VERY UPSET

Post by AnnaB »

Don't worry, the worse anti-smoking campaigners are the ones who've given it up!!

Yes, Richard.....tell me about it. While that subject is around what is the government doing? piecemeal bans here and there, if it is so awful, ban the sale and import of the things and find the 10 billion pounds that they get from the duty elsewhere. Then everyone will have to pay a lot more tax to keep the Country running.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Nice one Anna !!!

Whilst they're at it, do something about the gaz guzzling fuel emission cars you bretahe in once you come out of the smokeless shopping centres!!

But, tax, tax, tax !!!
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

VERY UPSET

Post by AnnaB »

Richard

These shopping centres may be 'smoke free' but what about the awful smell of so called food outlets - the smell is abominable and makes me gag.

Definitely go along with the 'buses' we now have on our roads and the car parks, you cannot see when you want to pull out as they are so b***dy big - roll on the end of oil.
rachell24
Lively Laner

Post by rachell24 »

I am seriously thinking of getting rid of my car, not for such a noble reason as the environment Im afraid, just money. My maternity ends in May and I just dont want to go back to work and getting rid of the car will make it a possibilty, loans and running costs gone. But, I am VERY lazy and the thought of walking to school every day, UUH. Actually, I like walking with my dog, but walking in lovely scenic places not down the busy A6 which is AWFUL.

I said to my OH yesterday, I wish we all had horses, it would be great. He just walked off.........
Richard

Post by Richard »

I think this would be well worth a new Thread, so I'll start one in 'Frugal' above.

Richard
rachell24
Lively Laner

Re: VERY UPSET

Post by rachell24 »

AnnaB wrote:Hi rachell24

You've made me laugh!!! I would imagine a stick blender (hand whisk).....they speak so much rubbish over there!!

Anna

Have got my new "immersion blender" and am off to the kitchen (wheres that again?) to make some lemon curd. Will report back later on the results.

:shock:

Rachel
wendy

Post by wendy »

I walk for England, but still need the car I am afraid.
See other thread
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
rachell24
Lively Laner

Post by rachell24 »

well, lets put it this way, I wont be putting Duchy out of business any time soon! :shock:

Its ok, but a bit more like lemon mousse than curd, I think my measurements were a bit off as they were in cup sizes and I tried to convert them to grams. Think it needed a bit more sugar and its a bit runnier than it should be. But thick enough to stay on the scones I just scoffed. LOL
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

VERY UPSET

Post by AnnaB »

Well done, rachell24

At least you tried and you now have something you didn't have before - experience. I understand what you mean about the measurements. I think if you use a search engine it will give you the correct conversion ratio.