Why can't I throw things away?

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
LittleBrownFrog

Re: Why can't I throw things away?

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I've just cleared a full bin bag full of stuff from my three year old's drawers ... how did he end up with 15 pairs of 'school' socks when he doesn't go to school?
newto
Longlasting Laner

Post by newto »

I´m teerrible for hoarding stuff.there´ll always be some useful way to use it.......... just dont dsem to getaround to it though!.......

But socks.......... what a nightmare......
when we left the Uk i threw out a massive conatibner of odd socks( large laundruy basket type) within about a year, I had about he same quantity here of odd socks!

where do they go????

Some I know have been washed seperately and no longer match...
some I have thrown pout 1 sock, as full of holes, because, a sthey are usually bought in packs of 3 or 5, then when another gets holes, well it still leaves at least 1 pair.or thats the theory at least !

i swear there´s some supernatural force at work, whichever house I live in that makes the socks disappear...and then when I do come across the missing one...I cant find the original one that was saved!

Does anyone else suffer from a sock monster cum ghost.that hides half the socks, but never pairs?
bethanyyann
Learner Laner

Post by bethanyyann »

you should just buy all the same socks so it doesnt matter if they're odd :D
Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Post by Sejjie70 »

gwnio wrote:I'm a terrible hoarder, still have all of my son's clothes since birth "just in case I have another boy oneday"!

I still have most of the stuff from when my eldest was a baby - he turns 15 in Nov yike* :oops: . Saying that though most of the stuff I've kept are the babygros, vests, cardies, socks & similar & as they're all unisex they've been worn by all the other children too (as well as being lent out to various friends for their babies in between). Simon thinks I'm being tight (& perhaps I am) but I think it's just plain daft to spend a small fortune on new baby stuff for each baby (especially the 1st & 2nd size stuff that they're not in for v long).

Sadly we don't have much attic space (the upstairs bedrooms take up most of the attic space & the flue/chimney takes up a good chunk of what's left) so we can only keep stuff that we know we're going to use again (mind you that doesn't stop me trying to keep a bit more just in case).

Wrt socks we end up with loads of odd ones. I thought I'd cracked it by just getting white for the girls & black for the boys & it did work for a while until I bought a few patterned pairs here & there. I really must try to keep to plain ones otherwise we'll end up with another odd sock Everest {rofwl}
Sarah.
Mum to 1 hubby, 4 children, 3 Springer Spaniels (Max, Millie & Buttons), 2 cats (Sox & Frankie), 2 rabbits (Crunchie & Munchie), 12 chickens (Target, Speckle, Barbara, Margot, EggieII, Gomez, Sparkle, Glitter, Wednesday & Isabel), 3 geese (Lister, Smeg & Camille) & 4 ducks (Soup, Anya, Marble & Vindaloo).