How green are you.

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
newto
Longlasting Laner

Re: How green are you.

Post by newto »

Maybe a bit late to revive this topic........ but here goes anyway.

Very difficult question to answer .

Yes one can make conscious decisions to be greener, and some can be enforced by necessity.

I do try my best, and have always recycled as much as possible.
Now I do even more by necessity, getting stuff from skips and the tip, recycling other peoples´rubbish!.

Some choices though are only available to people with higher levels of funds I believe.

Cars for example....... ( dont have one at all at the moment, but not by choice)

Newer models are "greener".......... but you need more money to be able to afford one.

2 vehicles could even be better small for when that´s all that´s needed, and bigger for when that´s needed, rather than getting something bigger and using that at all times.

Solar power..... but expensive to install.
more efficient electrical appliances........... but one needs yet more cash to be able to buy the "better" greener option.

Buying organic food...better for everyone....but more expensive......(and unless you grow your own..how organic is it really?)..and then there´s the question of possibly ( if you can afford it) the possible extra travel to go and buy it!

If I win a few million on the lottery..( unlikely at he best of times, as rarely can afrd the luxury) the I´ll be able to be really green, as I could buy all the most efficient of everything! including a dishwaher, which is often better than washing up by hand, as probably LESS fuel used to heat the water and LESS detergent, never mind the time saving etc.
and that of course, for many is another issue.TIME........ that can stop / prevent being greener
long suffrin Jez
Learner Laner

Re: How green are you.

Post by long suffrin Jez »

Just a general comment based on first impressions. am green as i can be at present ( not gonna list off things i am well behaved at thank you) but want to learn more. Should comments back not be more supportive and informative as to guidance not guilt laden to provoke responsive behaviour. just a thought. jez