Citrines Website

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Citrines Website

Post by Richard »

I've just been having a look round Citrines Website (Tranquility Therapies) HERE and wondered if anyone had experience of any of the therapies?

Also, Citrine - Which is the most popular?

Health and Fitness wise I'm all for looking at alternatives, if they've survived the years they have, there must be something in them and would appear to have got a little lost in modern technology and medicines.

Thanks, Richard

PS - nice neat and tidy website
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

Ooo, you've got me started now, how much space do I get to waffle in? :razz:

Well, Reflexology seems to be the main stay, with massage and Indian head massage joint second.

Think it might have something to do with not having to take clothes off other than footwear and socks.
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

I've had an indian head massage - very good for tension.
Had a full body therapy massage after my exams - sooooo relaxing. Also had hypotherapy aswell, which really worked for a recurring dream.

Want to try reflexology at some point, but I don't really like people playing with my feet!!!!
Small steps lead to big changes
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

...but didnt you have your feet massaged??

I've had a few clients with ticklish feet, and they really enjoyed it. With ticklish people, you have to put a firmer pressure, so as not to tickle. However, 'cos its done in a relaxed way, after the initial touch, they seem to settle and enoy the experience.
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

no -I aksed them not to. It's not that I have ticklish feet - I just don't like them touched. I have an old broken toe that doesn't bend, and I'm a bit paranoid someone will try and bend it.

Will have a go at reflexology soon I think!!
Small steps lead to big changes
wendy

Post by wendy »

I have been having acupuncture for the last 9 years. Makes such a different to the athritus in my hands.
Also 6 odd years ago I had trigeminal neuralgia [severe facial pain] and that help so much. In fact I was told I would never be free of it, but fingers crossed haven't had it for 5 years. I go about every 8 weeks
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

I'd love to add Acupunture to my repertoire, but its so expensive to train.
I had it when I had really bad Urticaria, nettle rash brought on by allergies. Brilliant therapy, really impressed with it.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Kent CCC Physio does it, always amusing to see these burly Cricketers sitting there with pins sticking out.

I do Thai Chi, but that's more mental I guess. That amuses the Ground Staff who occasionally see me doing it on the Balcony before the Players arrive!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I would like to have a pamper day at one of those expensive health farms, but as I am a bit mean I can only afford to go to our local college and get a full body massage from one of the students, for £5.00. It's very nice :)
Ilona
Richard

Post by Richard »

Good for you.

I think I am very blessed in many ways. I have one of the Country's top Sporting Physio's on hand and he has helped me immensely with my 'sacrilization of the L5' (two spinal bones fusing together).

I don't swear much, but the day he 'put his finger' on the problem, I nearly went through the ceiling and even the Cricketers were amazed at my language!

When he gives me a once over, he may stop and fiddle around on some muscle or bone somehwere.
I'll say "What is it Nimmo"?
and he replies in his droll South African accent,
"You're getting old Dicky".
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

Ilona, thats a bargain!!!!! Glad to hear you're enjoying it, and I think you appreciate it as you sound like you're so busy all the time!

Currently, I'm doing sterling stuff with the Udderly Smooth, selling well.
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

We use the udderly stuff here at work & swear by it & it gives us the excuse to be highly adult with the udder jokes.

My sisters cat & horse both had acupuncture for various ailments, both were starting to lose the use of their legs, it worked wonders for both of them, they went on for many more months free of pain & recovered their mobility. Now if it works for a pet, then it can work for anyone in my opinion, for what it's worth, as they dont know why it's being done )t'

it is a lovely website i have to agree there, i had a sneaky a few weeks back 8) :-D
Cheers
mel x
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

ah, thanks for that, Mel, all comments welcome!!

)t' (f+