Chinese lanterns

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
roddelmae
Longlasting Laner

Re: Chinese lanterns

Post by roddelmae »

Helen, dare I ask if your night atire is similar to ours, ie minimalist?
You could have sold tickets.
What's right with this country is the freedom to discuss what's wrong with it.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I had a trip in a hot air balloon last year. As we came down to land (in a big park frequented by kids with those huge kite's that lift you off the ground), the pilot shouted over the edge to the kids below "We're landing! Get your bikes out the way!" to which the kids replied "**** off! We were here first!" {rofwl} It did make me chuckle.

I'm with you Helen... I know the complications that may occur with the lanterns but they are SO beautiful. I do find them mesmerising, something about them gently floating through the sky... sorry

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Not any more.

{rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Post by secret squirrel »

{rofwl} {rofwl}
That means that the myth that it doesnt matter if you dont iron your PJ`s cos no one will see you in bed, is a lie, especially in your house Helen. :oops:
Is real life really better than High Def telly then? Only you can tell us. )b( )grin2(
lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
Stig
Lively Laner

Post by Stig »

Nothing annoys me more than those massive kite things (other than jet-skiers!) taking over huge areas of the beach as if they own the place! Often controlled by GROWN MEN, can you imagine a grown man wanting to spend time and money on flying a kite? Those guys should go get themselves an allotment & grow up! :-D
foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

Letting loose a helium filled balloon is worse than dropping litter in the street, you can get fined for that.

As for setting fire to something and letting it loose to go wherever the wind might blow it.............
[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum