carbon footprint

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

carbon footprint

Post by lancashire lass »

Hope everyone finds this website useful. I thought some of the questions were not that easy to give a definitive answer so I tended to give a more negative answer than it needed to be. Still, have a go:

http://footprint.wwf.org.uk/

it is all a bit scary!

:shock:
heebiejeebie
Lively Laner

Post by heebiejeebie »

It's a useful guide I think, and tinkering with the little things like cars and appliances and shopping habits has led me to the conclusion that I can only get below one-planet if I get rid of the house and live at work :shock:

Oh hang on... in a year or two I hope to have moved house and be working at home. Hope that counts!
heebiejeebie
Lively Laner

Post by heebiejeebie »

I found this one more useful, if a bit slow!

http://actonco2.direct.gov.uk/index.html
PK
Lively Laner

Post by PK »

I tried out the one posted by Heebiejeebie. The results and suggested action plan was actually quite interesting reading with some useful tips and advice about reducing your own CO2 footprint. I have to admit that according to this my household is above the national average :oops: - bumped up by the amount of commuting to and from work. The rating for what we generate at home was relatively low, however.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Guilty also, as we were above the national average. But our plane travel hasn't helped :oops:
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

carbon footprint

Post by AnnaB »

I tried calculator of what ours was - thought it must be wrong as it was 1.
We don't fly, have holidays or eat out.
We have a small bungalow, Drive 2 small diesel cars, I shop (tut,tut), OH is 'resting' at the moment therefore no travel, energy saving light bulbs and thermostat turned down (to save us money), changed a big gas range cooker to a small one and now only use the small oven.
I shop as local as I can get avoiding supermarkets (I do buy booze and the July banned things from them)
Grow as much as we can in the summer and freeze it for the winter.
Maybe the calculator was right?
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I thought I was doing well - til I saw the final scores!!

I think, maybe, we sometimes forget there are millions on our Planet who are nowhere near as advanced in technology as we are.

Also, does anyone recall the smog of the 50's / 60's! At least there are a few things which have gone in the right direction.

But if I was still at school, it would be....

Cannon - try harder next time!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome