Indy article online today 27 04 08

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
wafflycat

Indy article online today 27 04 08

Post by wafflycat »

Independent on Sunday article today:-

"How do you like your eggs? Read our undercover investigation into Britain's battery farming"

"Undercover investigators have filmed the ugly reality of egg production at a battery chicken farm supplying the biggest egg producer in the UK."

Full article online HERE
wendy

Post by wendy »

Thanks.
I saw it on TV last night. That saves me buying the paper.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

The thing is regardles(sp) of wether pesco or s-field say they don't use these farms, all batterys are like that, i can't imagine one being better then another. And as for enriched cages....oh yes a perch- that will make their whole lives so much better )de:

Its great this issue keeps being brought up in the media, but as long as people buy them, then it will never get better, and buying processed foods and products containing their eggs. Im not one for politics etc, but i know whats right and this isn't.

CIWF is a fantastic organisation, who i am a member and donate money every month. They are already responsible for many things that have changed over the years. And are really fighting the corner for intensive farming methods, not just here but all over the world.
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I noticed that like the super cheap deals on intensive chicken breasts my local Son-of-Morris has run several 50% free battery egg promotions in recent months; not sure about sadsa but they do seem to be getting the free range message to a degree as they always seem to have some in stock.

It's actually a bit disturbing that there are still folk without the financial means to eat with their consciences; a lady on the news the other night was left with just a pound each for herself and her daughter for food each day (after the rent and bills had been paid). With food prices spiralling, it was predicted that more folk would continue to fall below the poverty line. I would imagine that there is a healthy population grateful for cheap offers on food if it puts a comparatively healthy meal on the table; some folk just don’t have the luxury of ethics when it comes to buying their food.
Bah Humbug
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

More exposure - great news!!
Small steps lead to big changes