Card making and paper craft?

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
cookie
Lively Laner

Re: Card making and paper craft?

Post by cookie »

Don't mind the whole christmas card thing and enjoy making them but what I really hate are the round robin letters, always done on a the computer and all about what they have or have not done over the year, no "how are you?" or "whats your news?"

Is that just me being mardy?
Shlugh
Longlasting Laner

Post by Shlugh »

Ooh Cookie, I loathe those letters too.

Ilona, that is a cracking card! I love the idea of stitching the cards.

We save old cards and wrapping paper to use making ours too. My latest madness was taking groups of 10 at a time 3-4 year olds at the nursery to make recycled cards to sell at their Eco day. They are trying to raise funds for some trees for the garden. Almost everything except the glue and card blanks were reclaimed.

I know not everyone does Christmas cards, whatever you are happy with. I love making them specially for each person. I do a lot for other occassions too, and sometimes send them to people just because.

I only send them to close friends and family, and last year enclosed a couple of nice wrapped tea bags, along with a hand written poem inviting that though we may be far apart, we all sit down at the same time, to share tea and bless our friendships.

Hey, we could do that here for our Christmas party, all meet at a set time to chat online and share tea. {rofwl}

Shlugh xx
[center]We now have a cream egg skelter, blessings on Pippi, Penny and Poppy who fill it for us.[/center]
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ha ha ha! I always send about half a dozen of those 'round robin' letters to people who I haven't managed to keep up to date on events (and they change by the minute here!). I have friends, and some I consider good and lifelong friends, that I don't see or contact during the course of one year. A year is nothing!

It's about keeping communication channels open for me - if you get a letter, be glad I have consiodered you worth it!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
perchy

Post by perchy »

p.penn wrote:Ha ha ha! I always send about half a dozen of those 'round robin' letters to people who I haven't managed to keep up to date on events (and they change by the minute here!). I have friends, and some I consider good and lifelong friends, that I don't see or contact during the course of one year. A year is nothing!

It's about keeping communication channels open for me - if you get a letter, be glad I have consiodered you worth it!

Thanks for the letter {hug&kiss}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ha ha ha! You should be so lucky!!!

I don't have your address
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
perchy

Post by perchy »

p.penn wrote:Ha ha ha! You should be so lucky!!!

I don't have your address

)gr:
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I'd rather have a letter than a card from people I don't see often, and I'd just as soon have a greeting wish as a card from people I do see.
Those round robins keep me in touch.
Yes I do mine on the computer, but what I print out is different according to who it's going to. And a bit hand written top and bottom. And I can refer back to last years (or this years if they got in early) to reply.

Thing that gets me is dance clubs where cards are exchanged it seems like it's either send them to everyone, or risk missing someone out, or say firmly "Bah humbug, I don't do cards" even if people send me one. (If they don't like humbugs there are some toffees in the tin too.)
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I'm a card maker - although I have done very little this year with the baby. I have been stamping and heat embossing luggage tags to make gift tags - I make loads in 1 go so every time I get 5 mins I can colour a couple in. I've also been making my own decoupage card toppers from pictures I found online and printed onto thin card - and of corse all the trimmimgs go into the recycling!
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!