Clocks going back - POLL

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future

Should we keep British Summertime the same all year?

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 29

chickenlicken
Lively Laner

Clocks going back - POLL

Post by chickenlicken »

Not sure if i'm in the right thread for this and I apologise if this has been brought up before but just wanted to know your views on whether the clocks should go back or stay the same?
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Re: Clocks going back

Post by Meanqueen »

Someone has posted about this here
You could do a poll about it.
Ilona
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Clocks going back

Post by Richard »

Sharp thinking Ilona - will edit poll in for you chickenlickin.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Re: Clocks going back - POLL

Post by bluebell »

I think we should leave the clocks as it is, by the time i work out how to alter the clock on the oven, in my car, etc., its time to move them the other way. :?
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I never do my car. Don't know how to anyway even if I could be bothered! I have a bit of a strange relationship with time - my lounge clock is right about once every 8 days, it gains so I put it slow so it can catch up and then it gains again. If I forget to wind it, the chimes are wrong - it's a joke in out house - oh chiming 11, must be half past four!

My beloved kitchen clock is now permanently on 7.15 as I had to switch it off. It is a 1940s electric one and the face is falling out but for some reason I can't get it off the wall to fix it. Niether can hubs. I left it but it was making such a racket the other day I thought I'd best turn it off.

My bedroom clock is somewhere between 8-20 mins fast, not quite sure how much as by the time I get downstairs in the morning, the time isn't the same any more.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

p.penn wrote:I never do my car. Don't know how to anyway even if I could be bothered! I have a bit of a strange relationship with time - my lounge clock is right about once every 8 days, it gains so I put it slow so it can catch up and then it gains again. If I forget to wind it, the chimes are wrong - it's a joke in out house - oh chiming 11, must be half past four!

My beloved kitchen clock is now permanently on 7.15 as I had to switch it off. It is a 1940s electric one and the face is falling out but for some reason I can't get it off the wall to fix it. Niether can hubs. I left it but it was making such a racket the other day I thought I'd best turn it off.

My bedroom clock is somewhere between 8-20 mins fast, not quite sure how much as by the time I get downstairs in the morning, the time isn't the same any more.

I think if anyone else had posted that I would have been amazed, but....
[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I've said yes to BST all the year round, but whats wrong with GMT ... God's Time.
I believe in the war they were on Government time and Daft time , never on God's time (or so the saying went)
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I remember they tried this out (for 1 year only I think) and it was a nightmare in Scotland. We had children going to school in the dark so there were a few instances of kids being knocked down. Industry were not happy either as they were having to burn the factory/workplace lights for longer so it was costing more. These are the main arguments against switching from BST but there ( as I remember ) were loads more so I voted NO

Alex.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I don't mind either way, but I have to get somebody to change my Casio wristwatch for me. :-D
Ilona
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

{rofwl}
Bah Humbug
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I recall the year they tried it out - worked well in Kent, but I do appreciate things from about Yorkshire up.

I wonder if England could stay the same and Scotland change. Works in a lot of Countries?
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Richard wrote:I recall the year they tried it out - worked well in Kent, but I do appreciate things from about Yorkshire up.

I wonder if England could stay the same and Scotland change. Works in a lot of Countries?

I'm all for that )t'
Alex.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Ditto Foggy {rofwl} {rofwl}
Dinchy
Legendary Laner

Post by Dinchy »

Richard wrote:I recall the year they tried it out - worked well in Kent, but I do appreciate things from about Yorkshire up.

Ok in principle Richard, unless you consider that we are much nearer Scotland than London. I have to say that the extra daylight in the morning is a blessing here at the mo.
Sara

Post by Sara »

Hmmmmm On the one hand it would be usefull to be on the same time as england..... for example tv, If something is on at 9pm uk time here it is 10pm so i would get to bed earlier :? ...... but i would always be late.... Its nice being an hour ahead of you all.... and i do love winter evenings when you snuggle down in front of the fire and go late night shopping , everything looks so much more inviting.. :-D

I think i will stick as i am. )t'
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX