Cat still hasn't popped....

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Willow
Legendary Laner

Cat still hasn't popped....

Post by Willow »

Our young cat Tigger is very very pregnant now.. in fact she looks as though she could explode at any minute.. We dont know when exactly she's due because it wasn't realy a planned pregnancy, (she is just a year old herself..) jnrs are kicking well, and she's eating us out of house and home..
We had her to a vet three weeks ago who said she was about 6 / 7 weeks gone. We've got various boxes with a variety of linings scattered all over the house, and are basicaly acting like a couple of over anxious expectant parents..
Yes we should have had her neutered - both dogs and our other cat Trix are.. but Tigger was one of those '" we realy must.........." until it was too late!.. she'll be 'done' asap after jnrs arrive though..
I had a Balanese cat 'Willow' who had a very planned pregnancy many moons ago.. she gave birth to three stunning boys without any problems, but although Tigger is about the same age as willow was, she seems a smaller cat and I'm flapping in case something goes wrong..
Fingers crossed everyone and any words of wisdom welcome!!
WELSH DRAGON
Lively Laner

Post by WELSH DRAGON »

Hi Willow

I know what it is like to have an animal which is due to give birth some years ago I bred my Rottweiller and she actually gave birth on the sofa, sadly she had 10 puppies all died as they were premature the vet said that had they been one week later they may have been ok as their lungs would have been developed better. But I know how it feels it is like being an expectant parent! Hope you find good homes for them interested to know just how many she has keep us informed :-D
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

So sorry to hear she / you lost all of the pups.. that must have been horrendous for you as well as for the mum... how on earth did you consol her?
WELSH DRAGON
Lively Laner

Post by WELSH DRAGON »

Well it did not take long to console her, I think she knew as she nosed many of them away, her problem started when her milk came in and we had to take her to the vet for tablets, poor soul was a bit out of sorts for around a week then but she soon bounced back, we never bred her again as she developed cancer and had to be spayed but she lived on till she was 12 its amazine how attached we become to our pets, I now own a 2 year old staffordshire bull terrier dog, mind you it took 7 years for me to decide to get another dog, but this was in need of a home and I am always a sucker for animals, I swear I was Dr. Dolittle in a previous life. (f+
melons
Legendary Laner

Oh poor kitty

Post by melons »

We also had a kitty who was a trollop, & had ideas well above her staion before she was even old enough to be spayed. I shall never forget her noise when 4 little gorgeous kitties being born in between the kitchen & sitting room, she ignored all our nest building attempts, they all were fine, but it did make her eyes water.
& no I don't want a kitten (I do really) but I've pushed my luck with the 5 chickens :wink:
Cheers
mel x
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Welsh dragon , re dr. Doolitttle -
You're not alone there... both our dogs are rspca specials..
We lost our last rescue siamese to cancer at the end of last year, a few weeks later this totaly pathetic lump of matted fur turned up.. She was ancient and soaking, had cat flu various abrasions and sores and was skin and bone.. she'd been living rough for some time.. She had to have most of her teeth removed, and spent some time at the vets.. On one visit to the vets they asked us if we'd take a young cat which had been dumped on them.. so we had two again.. only Tigger, (the young one) wanted to play and tatty the ancient one didnt.. So we hunted around to find another cat the age of Tigger and found Trix at the rspca..
Tatty the ancient one only lived about six months but she was warm, fed and had no pain.. spent most of her time purring and was a wonderfully loving cat.. .. and now Tigger is hopefully going to produce several healthy kittens sometime this side of christmas!

Mellons... didnt she show any signs of the impending birth??
melons
Legendary Laner

kitties

Post by melons »

r.e Posted: Yesterday - 09:21 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mellons... didnt she show any signs of the impending birth??

Nope not that I can remember, she was very small, we kept one of the babies, the other 3 went to people in the village, god they were sweet. The mum was a reat mum too.
Cheers
mel x
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

I'm begining to think she's just got a bad case of wind... Jnrs are kicking and Tigger looks fine but is refusing to give birth!
I'm going to have to get her to read one of the many, many
articles on feline gestation / birth because she obviously doesnt know that she's supposed to be doing certain things in a certain order by now... :? ^b:
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
melons
Legendary Laner

kitties

Post by melons »

Has your cat had it's kittens yet?
Cheers
mel x
WELSH DRAGON
Lively Laner

Post by WELSH DRAGON »

Willow any news on the kittens yet I have searched the forum and could not find any postings as such how are things progressing? (f+
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Nothing yet.. Kittens kicking like crazy and Tigger is looking a bit tired now, (caught two mice yesterday mind).. I'll see if I can get a half decent photo of her and post it on my little album..
Thanks for thinking of her though, its realy nice of you both to ask, especialy now as I've just heard that friend of my daughter inlaw has a cat which had kittens this weekend - one stillborn and the remaining two dead the following morning.. I know nature will take its course but I must admit I'm very nervous for her..
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

I hope they'll be ok

Don't forget to post pics of them when they're born. It's a good thing you live so far away, or else I'd want one!!
Small steps lead to big changes
melons
Legendary Laner

OMG

Post by melons »

good lord, is she pregnant or what?????????????? She does look very smug about it though :-D

I just love your chicken area, who built it? That's the kinda thang I want (one of the things on my ever increasing I want list)

We've also got our neighbours girls to look after for the next two week, I'm such a busy body, I've changed there feeding station as it was getting wet, I've covered their run in a tarpaulin, as they were getting wet & one had a cold te last time they got wet, I'd love to give them a perch too, but I daren't, everything else can be put back in it's place in two weeks :wink:
Even more eggs to palm off on my neighbours sheesh!
Cheers
mel x
WELSH DRAGON
Lively Laner

Post by WELSH DRAGON »

Gosh willow a pot bellied puss, I am sure all will go well for her shes looks lovely, dont forget the photos of the happy mum and the litter
Looked on your little album lovely garden and hen house really lovely
Welsh Dragon (f+
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Hi again.. Tigger still hasnt produced anything remotely kitten like.. We're watching her every move poor thing.. she'll end up with a complex! Chook run was made by Tony and Myself... thanks for the compliments :-D

Albert Einstein