Red Kites

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

...you should have popped their blooming ball!! Ha ha!!

Some lovely pics...
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Their dad was playing and he was bigger than me.... and he had chums with him. Anyway footballs have feelings too and I couldn't just pop it at random, that would be sphericide or something. confused>
Bah Humbug
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Very nice piccies. Agree about popping the kids ball though lol
We had a pair of red kites nesting in a tree in one of the horses paddocks last year. The noise the babies made when Mum or Dad came to the nest to feed them was so loud.
Also had one of the parents sitting about 12" away from a pigeon that it was trying to catch a few minutes earlier, on top of the post and rail fencing. By the time I had got my camera they had moved though.
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

Lovely pictures love the ponies especially. We have just been in a log cabin in the yorkshire dales with my mum and dad and sister and her kids, i did see some deer when i went off on my own, but went for a walk in the woods with the kids deer spotting, not a chance with a 4 kids didn't see any wildlife in the woods that evening.

its good for the soul the country. Whats camping like i have a bit of a fetish for hand washing so not sure wether i could hack it. And also don't like dog poo, and are there a lot of dog owners that camp, i don't mind responsible dog owners. I do like looking at camping stuff, and the new style tents like yours are brilliant.

Mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

To be honest most campers are quite respectful and responsible, I haven’t had any problems so to speak with dog poo just being left; in the New Forest you’ll be more likely to tread in horse, cow, dear, rabbit, hare, donkey etc poo. Some sites are dog free as well. As for hand washing… there are shower and toilet blocks on most sites all with hot and cold running water and then funny little soap dispensers.
We don’t tend to pitch too close to the toilet blocks because they have the lights on all night and tents tend not to be light proof, there’s also the issue with noise as folk run off to the bog at all times of night. When I’m cooking the evening meal I normally boil the kettle and fill the washing up bowl with soapy water to wash my hands after handling raw meat and stuff. A friend of mine who is an infection control nurse recommended baby wipes as the best way to cleanse your hands in the absence of water and soap as the sterilizing gels (as dispensed freely in most hospitals) only sterilise not clean (top tip for future safari goers). In the picture we are pitched in the field on our own, the first ones there. By night fall there was one other couple with young children and by the next lunchtime the place was heaving but the one evening virtually alone was fantastic with nature to see and hear; especially hear. Richard has put a thread about camping somewhere but I couldn’t find it.
)t'
Bah Humbug
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

By the way our tent sleeps nine apparently, ideal for two with room for visitors, storage of stuff and somewhere to sit when it rains.
Bah Humbug
wendy

Post by wendy »

We have a caravan. But don't use it nearly enough. Too busy.
I am not quite hardy enough for actual camping nowadays. I like a little comfort. But it is still so lovely Where we go we cannot even get a radio transmission. So beautiful and peaceful
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning