Post by Citrine »

ouch
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

Hiya
Don't know if thisw is of any help but I'll try and make it short :-D :
Many years ago I kept being ill on a Friday. Was fine by Monday but had lots of horrible symptoms. At the time hospitals were scard to do tests as someone had died. anyway it went on for avery long time and work got suspicious cuz I was off on so many Fridays :-D
Dr was no help either. I spoke with a work colleague who's pharmacy husband suggested:
One week of boiled rice and water with pears in their own juice. Thats' it. Nothing else. Very low in intolorance you see and will clear out the system of anything toxic.
Then gradually add food stuffs one/two at a time. So you could add chesse then tomoto to the riceso still being able to eat relatively easily. It took a while for me but by the time I'd got to cheese, bread, and so hada pizza - I added peppers that day and voila I found I was allergic to peppers. Not nice I admit as the intolorance level was high by then!!!
I was none the worse for the 'diet and got quite clever adding foodstuffs when i went out to keep it all consistant!
Good luck! )t'
Chucky Egg
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

Sounds like a good idea to me - have a go Rachel, and report back!
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
rachell24
Lively Laner

Post by rachell24 »

Might give that a go Chucky Egg, will it mean I will end up hating rice and pears? How long did it take you?

When you say pears in their own water, do you mean with the rice or on their own, Im assuming you mean tinned pears?

Also when you started to add the suspect foods, how long did you give it before you thought, well it cant be that then? Just asking as people say it can be a few days before the symptoms appear?

When you found out it was peppers, did that tie in with why you always felt ill on Fridays?

(are you the reason there is a rice shortage )j; )

Rachel
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

i have a reaction to my wifes cooking
does that count!

my youngest son has food allergies
eggs ,white fish and nuts
he seems to have grown out of the others
if he comes into contact with either of the above
he gets welts(looks like stinging nettles rash)
on the part of his body that the food has been in contact with
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

Hi Rachel
Sorry always in a rush, yes tinned pears. There would be no other contamination possibilities you see.
Of course also you could only drinl water or the pear juice too in case you thought ah well a nice cuppa after my plateful of rice!!! :-D
I adding something different every day so first it was cheese, then tomatoes (so grated cheese and toms mixed in with the rice) and so on building up a meal as i went along. so you could then add say banana to the the pears, then oranges.
It did get a bit boring but still ok with rice and pears :-D
As to how long. Well politely put it was an almost instant reaction umm very violent best friends with the white bowl. All over and done with!. I did keep up the testing as you never know there couldbe more than one allergy.

Mom and dad used to shop on a Thursday and pick up peppers. Peppers are best eaten very fresh so I alaways used to ahved stuffed peppers on a Thursday night... )t'

My allergy was flu like with red violent, painful circles on my skin with big pouty lips )t' and big lumps around my body. Other unpleasant side effects too :oops:
Now I wouldn't advise this for everyone and you should always check with a Dr before hand of course as the allergy will be intensified after the cleansing and i don't want anyone falling over into an anaphylactic shock :shock:
Yours didn't sound too serious so that was why I suggested it. Oh and it took me a few months but you could find your problem food in the next mouthful after teh cleansing. It is all pot luck really as to what you add to your diet and when..
Good luck though and would love to knwo the outcome!!!
PM me if you need anymore info.
One more thing write it all down as you add to the diet, as you start to forget what you have added and waht you haven't.
Chucky Egg
rachell24
Lively Laner

Post by rachell24 »

OOh that sounds a bit horrendous. Mine is just intolerance.

I might give it a go, need to get in the right frame of mind for just eating rice and pears. :shock:

Did you feel ill though when you just ate that? I tried the atkins diet once when I was younger, ooh, I was relaly ill after two days, not from detoxing, but from not eating enough. Will the rice be enough to keep my body going do you think?

Rach
chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

The East have manged for thousands of years :) )j;
It was a while ago and I remember feeling ummm really clean at the beginning as I felt awful alot of the time (eating peppers once a week had built up a load of nasty stuff). By the end of the week I remember being a little light headed as I'm quite active so jsut slowed down a little. Then you are adding stuffto your rice anyway so its not as if its for long. I mean if you eat meat tehn add some to the rice at teh beginning. Or if you think you have an inkling of what it might be (say bread) then add that first. No rules really. I jsut tried to make my rice as interesting as possible as that was the staple diet. I do remember feeling really fit and healthy after it all though (f+ And NO I didn't loose a ton of weight; its not a diet or at least shouldn't be used in that way )t'
Chucky Egg
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

Thanks for going to the trouble of detailing the 'start with rice' thing. I was going to suggest it but didn't find time to put in all that detail.

My Mum did the same thing and gradually worked through all the different foods until she found out what was bothering her - caffine, mushrooms as I remember.

If nothing else, she felt a lot better when on the restricted diet as she had been really under the weather when the food intolerance was problem.

Cheaper than paying for tests, hope you get it sorted,

Effie
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"