Free hot water

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
AL37
Admin Moderator

Re: Free hot water

Post by AL37 »

Hi Sara, I will use the water mainly for washing feeders and drinkers etc. Normaly I would boil the kettle on the gas stove at least three times to get one bucket of hot water. Last year I spent almost £50 on gas alone.
Also I think we will be in for some more freezing weather before the summer comes, so hot water on tap will make life a lot easier there also.
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
Billy Shears
Lively Laner

Post by Billy Shears »

Right Al, I switched off the central heating and wheeled a load of fresh manure into the living room.

How long do you reckon it will be before I'm warm and cosy?

I'm also expecting that this innovation will be extra useful in summer for enticing flies to vacate my kitchen.

Keep us posted if you have any more good ideas!
I don't suffer from stress. But I am a carrier.

At last! I've found out what Mrs Shears does down in the shed: www.debbiemitchell.co.uk
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Afternoon Billy, give it a couple of days to let the microbes start doing their thing and then sit right in the middle of it. )t' )grin2(
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
newto
Longlasting Laner

Post by newto »

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Billy Shears wrote:Right Al, I switched off the central heating and wheeled a load of fresh manure into the living room.

How long do you reckon it will be before I'm warm and cosy?

I'm also expecting that this innovation will be extra useful in summer for enticing flies to vacate my kitchen.

Keep us posted if you have any more good ideas!

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Quality. )t'
Sara

Post by Sara »

AL37 wrote:Hi Sara, I will use the water mainly for washing feeders and drinkers etc. Normaly I would boil the kettle on the gas stove at least three times to get one bucket of hot water. Last year I spent almost £50 on gas alone.
Also I think we will be in for some more freezing weather before the summer comes, so hot water on tap will make life a lot easier there also.

Well it is a great idea then )t'

I did wonder if you were going to pipe it from the small holding to your house........ >dum< But it sounds like a good idea...... especially for un freezing things :-D
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Canuck
Learner Laner

Post by Canuck »

Nicely done, AL37!

I came across a similar kind of manure heating system in this video (fast forward to 1:16):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtJia2XALZk

They placed compost beds inside their greenhouse (attached to the barn), and it prevents the temperature from falling below freezing, even though there's no supplemental heat. No small feat for upstate New York!
A simple lifestyle, freely chosen, is a source of strength.